Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Personal Gear Discussion Groin guards for females

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    nygrl

Can anyone recommend a brand/type of cup for females? I’m still a novice, but I want to move to full contact training. Most of the recommendations are specific to the needs of male fighters. Are there specific types for females? Can any females using these give me any insight on what to look for?

mara-jade

Re: Groin guards for females

Welcome to the forum!

Oh yeah girlfriend – great decision to get one. It’s not a question if you’re gonna get hit but when – trust me on that one

I did try those unisex one in the beginning but doing kicks after awhile was a PITA. These are the 2 I’ve used.

Here’s this one
    http://store.titleboxing.com/fgpp.html

But on that same site I just saw this new one – that one seems to cover more- hmm..looks interesting
    http://store.titleboxing.com/fgpp.html

This one is a bit pricey but covers what you need well. I had a bit of trouble with groundwork on it, so I gotta lose some weight then I can use this again.
    http://www.redmangear.com/index.cfm?method=Products_detail&productID=35

Hope this helps some:wav:

nygrl

thanks for the advice! I went ahead and got one, and I have to say, the guards made specifically for females are amazingly uncomfortable. The biggest problem I have is that they come up so high on the belly (I’m not entirely sure why).

I think I’m going to see if I can find a men’s style that doesn’t have the guard on the stomach, will report back if I can find anything appropriate!

mara-jade

Starts off that way but after using it a few times, I really don’t notice it anymore. The high on the belly I’m thinking is for ab protection of sorts.

nygrl

After some experimenting and talking to some other girls, here’s what I’ve learned. First, no one seems to actually like those long martial arts guards. They work, but they come up so high that your pants ride up over them uncomfortably. Second, there’s almost no information about different types of guards out there (hopefully our convo is helping to fix this!). Third, the brand matters. As much as I complain about the foam guards, there are a couple brands I’ve seen one people that are quite low, like a jock strap. But I don’t know which they are.

My current solution is to use a groin guard meant for female hockey players. These are actually pretty awesome. They’re flat and low so they sit against your body comfortable and don’t stick out like the plastic ones. The drawback is that they’re metal inside of fabric, so they won’t last as long as a plastic or foam guard. I use the smallest size (I’m not small, it just covers less area in the front which makes it more comfortable).

Your advice was super helpful, and I hope other girls can get something out of this. I’m going to keep trying to find something durable, low and comfortable and I’ll post more if I ever do.

mara-jade

No problem – different strokes for different folks:wav:

kirsten

Yeah I do not wear one and I don’t advocate for them. But like MJ said, to each their own. After nearly 20 years I have only been kicked really hard there once… took me to my knees but I survived. And it wasn’t in KM either…. so I don’t see the need for them.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: