Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books Ground defense leg choke (headlock?)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mowhawk1982

Hello folks, I have seen this kind of lock who can obviously easily prolonged to some sort of choke in some x-rated clips. As a newbie I have no idea how effective it is and how to escape effectively.

You take one leg clamp it in the kneecap of the other and can either use it as headlock or make it as tight as a choke and in additon grab the tip of your feet to secure it or tighten it up.

My idea as a newbie is to fit in one hand in the other kneecap and make a fist to block the advance and try to unlock and push the overlapping leg against the hand of the attacker. This might be suitable for the cheap version of the lock with the clamping leg in a sitting position but if the leg clamp is made in a kneeling position, the approach doesn’t seem to be forthcomming. :chair:

Has anyone of you an effective method to escape such a headlock or choke? The groin area behind your back was my first idea but it sounds a bit pointless, since I cannot image any pressure releave you could get from it.

kmky

Re: Ground defense leg choke (headlock?)

are you talking about this type of choke? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vOZhDtIruk

don

quote MOWHAWK1982:

Hello folks, I have seen this kind of lock who can obviously easily prolonged to some sort of choke in some x-rated clips. As a newbie I have no idea how effective it is and how to escape effectively.

You take one leg clamp it in the kneecap of the other and can either use it as headlock or make it as tight as a choke and in additon grab the tip of your feet to secure it or tighten it up.

My idea as a newbie is to fit in one hand in the other kneecap and make a fist to block the advance and try to unlock and push the overlapping leg against the hand of the attacker. This might be suitable for the cheap version of the lock with the clamping leg in a sitting position but if the leg clamp is made in a kneeling position, the approach doesn’t seem to be forthcomming. :chair:

Has anyone of you an effective method to escape such a headlock or choke? The groin area behind your back was my first idea but it sounds a bit pointless, since I cannot image any pressure releave you could get from it.

Try to find a video because your description isn’t very clear.

Like KMKY said, if you’re talking about leg triangles, there are quite a few types and a bunch of escape techniques out there – youtube search triangle choke escape.

Btw, you really need to get on the mat and roll – talking/discussing online doesn’t cut it…

mowhawk1982

Not quite the right thing. I would call it a leg headlock. Considering you kneel on the floor with spreaded legs, lock the right leg in the kneecap of the left kneeling leg and fixate it by grabbing the feet with your left hand and lock the head of an opponent between the leg-groin area. In that position you can restraint the head space of the opponent to a critical degree.

In the x-rated clip the chick did it while sitting on a chair but the only difference is that the left leg wasn’t kneeling.

My idea is to block the crossing leg by putting your right hand under its kneecap, turning your head right and pushing it with your chin and in addition push against the locking knee.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: