Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 115 total)
  • Author
    miriam

Re: Gun Advice??

quote downforlife76:

I’m quite happy being bitter. Plus, it adds to my tough guy/bad boy image! rofl2

HA! And with that comment, I’m SOOO calling you out, J!! Not buying your story one second more!!! That whole ‘poor me’ bit is exactly how you get chicks.

I can see it now… you sitting in a bar, looking slightly forlorn, but making sure the bald head, tatts and maybe some Krav or military paraphernalia are in full view. You smile at some nice, unassuming woman sitting next to you so she can’t help but notice that, aside from your tough look, you’re just a sweet, approachable guy.

Conversation begins, and within 5 mins you’ve let it “slip” how you’re just a senstive, nice guy, looking for a nice woman for something meaningful, but that sadly, you only seem to meet the crazy wild chicks. You explain that despite all the fun you’ve had with them (tacitly, but clearly conveying your vast “experience”), it’s only crazy, empty fun. And you fear you’re doomed to this sad existence because of your outward physical appearance, when you really want so much more.

(strings swell in the background.)

Her heart goes out to you. And before you know it, you’ve got her back at your place. And another one bites the dust….

Go ahead… TELL ME I’M WRONG!!! rofl2

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

How did this post go from ìGun Adviceî to ìDating Adviceî

:dunno:

quote Miriam:

Go ahead… TELL ME I’M WRONG!!! rofl2

Couldn’t be more wrong. When I’m at a bar, 9 out of 10 times it’s for a show. When I’m actualy sitting at the bar, it’s usualy talking with the promoter, the other bands, or my friends. When I do meet girls in bars, I don’t let it go past friendly conversation and I definately don’t bring them home. The few girls I’ve gotten involved with in the past 3 or 4 years I had known for at least a few weeks before ANYTHING happend. Maybe you confused me for someone with “game”.

Sean… Damn straight…. Less lovey lovey, more shooty shooty. thumbsup

miriam

HEY – don’t blame me! It was one of you guys who started it! All that nonsense about having a “crazy” wife who didnt like guns, but sure as heck was trained to use ’em… and then DFL chiming in with his woes about attracting crazy women… I was just rolling with it, not trying to take you boys off-topic.

So, all right. Go back to the shoot ’em up talk, if that’s what you want. But it seemed like that topic had been exhausted (and my original question answered, with most sincere thanks).

But the dating advice is so much more fun!! Who knows how many untold others might benefit in some way from this kind of point and counter-point, ya know? Just think of it as a public service…

Maybe a “dates involving firearms/shootings” conversation would be a compromise? Haha, I’m sure this group above any other probably has at least a few stories that fall into this catagory rofl2

unstpabl1

quote blindfold:

Nowadays we are just happy to be miserable together. :dunno:

I always thought when I was waiting tables that the old couples stayed together just to piss the other one off for screwing up their lives. They always seemed so pleasent to be around:rolleyes::razz:rofl2

unstpabl1

quote CJs Dad:

How did this post go from ìGun Adviceî to ìDating Adviceî

:dunno:

I surely don’t know Sean. I offered legitimate advice for the wisdom of training potential adversaries and look what this thread has degenerated tothumbsup

I’m appalled that DLF would blatantly try to sell us a sack of crap by saying he’s all about the band. Everyone knows the only reason guys join bands is to get laid. If they were into the music they’d be playing classical. I don’t think anyone gets laid playing classical:dunno:rofl2

Relationships are the number one topic for comedy. Go to a club and watch how many comics use it. I love joking about them, but i have a twisted view of them anyway. Ever notice how your friends are always talking about how great it would be to be in a relationship. then they get into one and all they talk about is whats wrong with their relationship. So basically we spend half out time trying to find a relationship and the other half wondering how to get out of it:D:

So ;):to gun advice, sleep with one eye open, because your partner may be trying to find an out. :jerry:

unstpabl1

quote Miriam:

***sigh***

But all I could come up with is this:

Maybe you should chill on the dating scene and take up a hobby to occupy your time? Like fingerpainting. Good creative outlet, you have something to show for your efforts when you’re finished, and much less danger and stress involved.

I love fingerpaintingthumbsup, long walks on the beach and cuddle parties. Its all part of my therapy:wav:

quote unstpabl1:

I’m appalled that DLF would blatantly try to sell us a sack of crap by saying he’s all about the band. Everyone knows the only reason guys join bands is to get laid. If they were into the music they’d be playing classical. I don’t think anyone gets laid playing classical:dunno:rofl2

Hahaha… My integrity is above reproach. I play in a small underground punk rock band. I am the token patriotic tough guy, and those two things don’t exactly attract chicks at the shows. Plus, I don’t shack up with girls who I can’t sit and have an inteligent conversation with. Not that they don’t exist in the punk scene, but they are quite rare… and the single ones are even more of a find.

Anyone else want to make guesses about my (lack of) social life? :dunno:
    J-

miriam

quote unstpabl1:

RIGHT ON, UNSTPABLE!!! Thank you for pointing out the obvious. And since we’re on the topic, you also are dead on about classical musicians. I have a “friend” who recently dated a guy who is a classically trained guitar player and after going out a NUMBER of times, let’s just say he had no moves, no game, and never closed the deal. :OhMy: Guys who get on stage and rock, no matter if they are ugly, short, fat, skinny, etc., get chicks. Need examples? Ugly Gene Simmons (ew!), fat Vince Neil (grotesque), and too many numerous other short and skinny rockers out there.

quote unstpabl1:

I love fingerpaintingthumbsup, long walks on the beach and cuddle parties. Its all part of my therapy:wav:

But, uh, cuddle parties? I’m not even going to ask.

quote downforlife76:

I am the token patriotic tough guy, and those two things don’t exactly attract chicks at the shows.

Anyone else want to make guesses about my (lack of) social life? :dunno:
    J-

This is the last thing I’m going to say about your “I get no chicks/ I have no game” story and then I’m done. It is reminiscent of a scene in the 1990s movie “Singles” starring Bridget Fonda, Matt Dillion, Campbell Scott and Kyra Sedgwick. At a concert, Scott’s character tries to pick up Sedgwick’s by claiming he has no act. Here… read the dialogue:

C.S.: My friend and I have this argument, and here it is. He says when you’re at a place like this…you can’t just be yourself, you need an act. So anyway, I saw you standing there…so I thought,
    (A) I could just leave you alone.
    (B) I could come up with an act,
    (C) I could just be myself.

I chose C. What do you think?

K.S.: I think that, (A) you have an act…and that, (B) not having an act is your act.

DUOH!!! :Surprised::wav:

giant-killer

quote Miriam:

It is reminiscent of a scene in the 1990s movie “Singles” starring Bridget Fonda, Matt Dillion, Campbell Scott and Kyra Sedgwick.

That reminds me of that SNL skit, where Molly Shannon played that girl in catholic school, who would express her feelings through the dialog of cheesy movies… rofl2

unstpabl1

quote Miriam:

RIGHT ON, UNSTPABLE!!! Thank you for pointing out the obvious. And since we’re on the topic, you also are dead on about classical musicians. I have a “friend” who recently dated a guy who is a classically trained guitar player and after going out a NUMBER of times, let’s just say he had no moves, no game, and never closed the deal. Guys who get on stage and rock, no matter if they are ugly, short, fat, skinny, etc., get chicks. Need examples? Ugly Gene Simmons (ew!), fat Vince Neil (grotesque), and too many numerous other short and skinny rockers out there.

But, uh, cuddle parties? I’m not even going to ask.

This is the last thing I’m going to say about your “I get no chicks/ I have no game” story and then I’m done. It is reminiscent of a scene in the 1990s movie “Singles” starring Bridget Fonda, Matt Dillion, Campbell Scott and Kyra Sedgwick. At a concert, Scott’s character tries to pick up Sedgwick’s by claiming he has no act. Here… read the dialogue:

C.S.: My friend and I have this argument, and here it is. He says when you’re at a place like this…you can’t just be yourself, you need an act. So anyway, I saw you standing there…so I thought,
    (A) I could just leave you alone.
    (B) I could come up with an act,
    (C) I could just be myself.

I chose C. What do you think?

K.S.: I think that, (A) you have an act…and that, (B) not having an act is your act.

DUOH!!!

Jeez, Miriam…the attorney’s showing…citing movies to prove your pointthumbsup

So I’ll do the same. One of 2 things is going on here with my new buddy DFL. Either he’s lying or telling the truth. If he’s lying, then I have to think back on my favorite line ever in a movie. Lonesome Dove. Robert Duval and Diane Lane are playing cards in a bar. Shes a hooker and they are playing for a “poke”. Diane accuses him good naturedly of cheating. When he claims innocence, she says now your lying. To which his reply in a Texas accent is ” A man who won’t lie for a poke…just don’t want one bad enough.

If he’s telling the truth:dunno: Then he must be a bass player. Bass players are always the weird guy in the band. I’m not sure why. Maybe cause their missing a string or two.rofl2

Either way DFL, I got your backthumbsup unless of course the need arises where you need someone to watch your back:beer:

Cuddle parties are unexplainable. Iwas working one day. Bunch of strangers, all age ranges sitting around bs’ing. These 2 early 20somethings start talking about the new rage of these no sex cuddle parties. Thing was they were telling it to me (and i have a strange sense of humor) and a hardcore 1% biker. Then they invited us to one. We didn’t get the point of them and laugh about it every time we see each other. What was so funny was them trying to explain it to this concept to my biker buddy. He’s really hardcore and you got this cute girl and this metrosexual boy inviting him to come cuddle. Maybe its one of those things you had to seerofl2

giant-killer

I heard about these kinds of parties on TV. They showed this whole group of strangers in a room, all cuddling up to one another. Seriously weird. Although I suppose it would have been even weirder if it had been an entire group of tattooed bikers. rofl2

A bass player? Phhhh… No way! I can play bass and drums, but I get bored being on the rhythm section. Guitar was my first love and I’m sticking to it like glue thumbsup

As far as the other stuff goes, I just don’t get why everyone is naturaly assumed to have an “act”. It’s kind of sad when fake people are so common that it’s just expected. People who have to misrepresent themselves in order to get people to like them are a sad and far too common breed. I guess that’s what you end up with when a generation is raised on MTV, FHM, and Vanity Fair. Oh… and the reason chicks like Vince Neil and Gene Simmons is because they have $$$$. Party like a rockstar :rolleyes:

What the hell is up with this cuddle party crap? I think Freud might have something to say about that…rofl2

miriam

quote unstpabl1:

Jeez, Miriam…the attorney’s showing…citing movies to prove your pointthumbsup

Yeah, sorry about that. When I wrote it, it was very late, I had just finished the second night of phase training and was in this exhausted but totally wired mind set, and I just went kinda kooky with it. But I love films, so often things people say remind me of random scenes.

And here’s another complete non-sequitir. After the random reference to the Matt Dillion movie, I’m with my co-worker at my usual Starbucks this morning sippin my Americano, I look up and lo and behold, it’s Matt Dillion. He smiles, walks over and says hi. My friend looks at me like, “you know this guy?” :Surprised: And me, being the dork I am, can only smile, say hi back and then look down at my coffee, not knowing what else to do. :dunno:

quote unstpabl1:

…in a Texas accent is ” A man who won’t lie for a poke…just don’t want one bad enough.”

AIN’T THAT THE FREAKIN’ TRUTH!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 115 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: