Viewing 10 posts - 106 through 115 (of 115 total)
  • Author
    unstpabl1

Re: Gun Advice??

quote downforlife76:

A bass player? Phhhh… No way! I can play bass and drums, but I get bored being on the rhythm section. Guitar was my first love and I’m sticking to it like glue thumbsup

As far as the other stuff goes, I just don’t get why everyone is naturaly assumed to have an “act”. It’s kind of sad when fake people are so common that it’s just expected. People who have to misrepresent themselves in order to get people to like them are a sad and far too common breed. I guess that’s what you end up with when a generation is raised on MTV, FHM, and Vanity Fair. Oh… and the reason chicks like Vince Neil and Gene Simmons is because they have $$$$. Party like a rockstar :rolleyes:

What the hell is up with this cuddle party crap? I think Freud might have something to say about that…rofl2

All bass players aspire to be guitarists. But if you can play bass that weirdness factor sticks with you, whether your try to hide it by playing guitar or not:cool:

quote unstpabl1:

All bass players aspire to be guitarists. But if you can play bass that weirdness factor sticks with you, whether your try to hide it by playing guitar or not:cool:

All guitar players can play bass. I’ve never stooped so low as to play it in a band and I don’t own one. Drums on the other hand…. Well, sometimes you just can’t find a good drummer and need to bite the bullet!!!

J-

miriam

quote downforlife76:

Guitar was my first love and I’m sticking to it like glue thumbsup

All right DFL, here we go… let’s see what kinda guitarist you are:

What guitar do you play (i.e. make/model)?
    What do you play through? tube or solid state?
    What effect pedals, if any, do you use?
    Who are your influences?

vwr32

Man, I’m gone a couple days and it turns into krav dating lol. Spent the last few days in the dark after a tornado took out the power.

Not to derail the dating topic, but security became an issue for us amongst other things like keeping warm while it was 20 degrees outside. It really highlighted just how unprepared we were for dealing with an emergency which lasted more than a few hours. A 90ft pine tree was snapped in half next door at my inlaws house… as soon as the electric people get the wires off the ground I’ll be heading over with the chain saw.

Will be going to the bar tonight. Have to agree with miriam on her evaluations so far. That’s the second time I’ve heard someone advocate the Americano from Starbucks too. My normal is the marble mocha macchiato, now I’m going to have to try somethine new. It’s my MO in public places, maybe it really just highlights some fear of rejection. (Not really talking about dating, as I’m married. Meeting people in general is the same I think.)

But to address the DFL scenario (where all the women he’s meeting are wackos), I have to think it’s the bait you’re using. The quiet, socially disinterested person draws someone looking for that type of personality. While I’m truly just wanting to watch photoshop vids while sitting at Starbucks, for some reason it’s like I’m open season to all the nearby nut-cases sitting in close proximity to start up a discussion of tired anti-bush rhetoric, global warming, or chemtrails. But if I really didn’t want to be bothered, I could just get my drink to go and sit at home. ;):

unstpabl1

[quote=vwr32;29218
    But to address the DFL scenario (where all the women he’s meeting are wackos), I have to think it’s the bait you’re using. [/quote]

I’m not so sure V. He lives in the land of LA and plays in a punk band…I pretty much believe him on this:dunno: Nothing like a goth chic to screw up your perspective.

Last date I went on, went out had a couple of drinks, hung out, had fun. Called her the next day, she wanted to know where we going with the relationship. I knew her maybe 6 hours tops. Then there were the late night hangups and other nonsense

People forget datings suppose to be fun. May sound immature but when I hear people talk about how hard of work their relationship is it confuses me.I pick my friends cause their fun and helpful

Damn… This is why I live in CA. I can deal with an earthquake, but a Tornado? Screw all that noise! Glad that everyones alright… Hopefuly everything is back to normal soon!

As for Miriam’s questions:

1. Schecter Diamond Series…. Plays like a PRS at a price that doesn’t break the bank!

2. Solid state Line 6.

3. All I use is a foot switch. The factory pre-sets in the line 6 are more than adequate.

4. Greg Ginn (Black Flag), Vinnie Stigma (Agnostic Front), Stephen Egerton (Descendents), Billy Zoom (X), Ernest Ranglin (Skatalites), Brian Dixon (Aggrolites), and John Lee Hooker… To name a few.

J-

vwr32

quote unstpabl1:

Called her the next day,

That’s where you went wrong. rofl2

kidding! kidding!

drlvegas

Remington 870 HD, or the equivalent Mossberg. These formats have been in use forever and are very reliable–semi autos are more likely to jam. Shotgun trumps handgun unless you practice more with a handgun; in which case try a Glock 19–mid-size frame in 9mm.

What do these three have in common? The most important thing which is they go bang every time when you pull the trigger.

Ammo is also important. 00 buckshot for the shotgun–in reduced recoil version if you like. Jacket Hollow Points for the pistol.

happyloaf

To me it is simple…Springfield XD9MM subcompact if you carry or the 4 inch for home defense. With hollow points the bullets will have enough stopping power. In addition, the recoil is minimum (unlike 40 and 45’s). I am a new shooter and can core out a quarter sized hole at 10 yards with my 3in no problem.

I find that if I have to shoot something it would probably be good to shoot it again as fast a possible (so little recoil is better). The XD’s also have no switch safety so you do not have to worry about fiddling with a switch in the heat of the moment. Just grip it and it is ready to go.

kmcat

quote vwr32:

rofl middle america militia

But if u want more power, u could try the .600 Nitro Express: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZL797pOAZ0

Some fitness classes might help with that…..

Viewing 10 posts - 106 through 115 (of 115 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: