Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kvmorl

I read this from a homicide case got me thinking, don’t know exact full details but go the main attack vectors from witness in room:

Attacker surprises victim from behind inside his home, victim turns around and the attacker grabs victim shirts, (I assume around collar area of shirt), attacker is pointing gun with other hand at victim while holding him asking for money, when victim denies having money, he gets shot in the head.

Question: Assuming you cannot react quick enough to stop the shirt grab, what type of gun defense would you suggest?

ryan

Re: Gun defense quest

There are, of course, many unknowns here, and the actual context is important, but the regular gun defense from the front will work if there is a shirt grab.

seeq-qc

Re: Gun defense quest

I agree with Ryan on the unknowns….we are forced to make some assumptions here. I would also assume that since this encounter occurs at a much closer range than the textbook gun front front scenario, that the ability to step/lean into the assailant after the redirect, putting more downward weight/pressure on the gun might be compromised a bit because you are already so close.

Also if the assailant is gripping your shirt with his right hand and holding the gun with his left and you as a right handed person would normally redirect the gun with your left hand, then the assailants right hand may be in the way and might prevent a clean redirect of the gun.

You could redirect with your other hand, if you’ve been practicing with both hand, which we should be or by changing your body position slightly, stepping closer or farther away from the assailant you do influence his right arm positioning, possibly enough to clear a path to this left gun hand for the redirect.

In the end surprise, overwhelming power and determination are your main weapons in this and most altercations. just my 0.02.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: