Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    krav-4-life

How would you go about defending yourself if there is someone with 2 guns, or there are 2 attackers each with a gun?

(I know this is very unlikley to happen but just curious)

johnwhitman

Hard situations!
    Two attackers, each with a gun, is a tactical question: redirection and deal with one gunman while moving to put that gunman in the fireline of the other. Very difficult and a high risk exercise…but the assumption is that you or someone else is about to get shot anyway.

We sometimes play around with the \”two gun attacker\” scenario. Redirecting the two weapons is relatively easy (depending on how and where they are held) but the control and counterattacks are, to say the least, a challenge.

krav-4-life

Yeah thats what I pretty much thought of doing. Put one of the gunmen in the line of fire with the other gunman and then work it from there.
    Also, I have herd that if the gunman is at too great of a distance to take away the weapon that you dive-roll forward and take it away. Is this a myth or the best way to take away the firearm if it is at a distance?

giant-killer

Playing around with the \”two gun attacker\” scenario, sounds intriguing. Let’s do it! 😀

I wonder if there would be any way to redirect both guns, then cross the attackers’ arms and somehow use leverage to get one or both of the weapons(using the attackers’ arms as a breaking point)? Can a gun takeaway somehow be done using only one hand?

I think I read an article about KAPAP once, where they had a way of dealing with that situation, but I don’t remember exactly what was done. I do believe both guns were redirected and there was some type of takeway of one or both weapons. Not sure, though.

krav-4-life

That sounds like a good idea, redirect both the guns the same way you would with one gun. Then I would just start headbutting and kneeing the gunman to death until he would let go or eventually fall unconscience.

giant-killer

Kneeing and headbutting the gunmen to death, that’s the spirit!! 😈 😆

Not sure it would be that easy, though. You’d have to make sure to stay out of the line of fire the whole time and the gunmen can use their second hands to grab the weapon, or try to move away from you, making it hard for you to operate. If there was a way to take at least one of the guns after the initial redirection, but it looks like you might have to let go of one weapon to take the other, which, of course, could be very risky.

krav-4-life

Indeed it would be difficult and very VERY riskey. Also I have herd that if the gunman is at too great of a distance for you to take away the weapon, you dive-roll forward and then take it away. Is that correct, or do just run like he** to get away from the gun?

giant-killer

I guess it would be your call, depending on the situation. A dive roll would be very risky, worse for someone like me, who gets Vertigo (intense spinning sensation) after every roll.

Guns aren’t too accurate, so if he is pretty far away and you turn and run (preferably in a zigzag pattern), there is a good chance you’ll get away without being hit. Of course, even the worst shooter can get lucky… 🙁

Alternatively, you could try to negotiate with the gunman if he is far away, either give him what he wants if that will make him leave, or maybe find a way to get closer, so you are then in a better position to do your defense.

lotar

Hi All 😀

In Kapap we train 2 gun dissarms, we do this from various situations,

Craig

giant-killer

So, what do you do in those situations? Can you explain?

lotar

Hi GK,

WOW!!! this would take too long to explain here, probably best to find a kapap club near you , maybe take private lessons on this particular subject,
    Kapap and KM are very different so sorry for not being much help to you.

Hope this helps.

Craig.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: