Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Krav Maga Videos gun grab revisited

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    unstpabl1
    bradm

Re: gun grab revisited

Those were good. I liked how the second video showed the gun wouldn’t fire a second time.

unstpabl1

quote BradM:

Those were good. I liked how the second video showed the gun wouldn’t fire a second time.

Hey Brad, been awhile…hope your doing well

yeah thats why I hunted for it. Guys on another forum were slamming a gun takeaway video. The instructor had left their organization and instead of trying the take aways, armchair quaterbacked them. One of the complaints was you’ll burn your hand, bite the hand and what aboput another round..great to have documented proof

thinkmike

Also contained in a DVD: Move! Shoot! Live! I think the guy that makes the video is Lenny McGill.

Good Video. (Not a Krav Maga Video)

eric-joyce

Thanks for posting these clips. I always wondered if you would get burned or your palm snip/pinched. Question for the group, is this indicative of all automatics? What I mean is, will this work on the majority of automatics? Just curious. Thanks again.

thinkmike

works on semi-automatics and revolvers. I would not recommend you attempt this with a fully automatic weapon. They tend to be “Open-bolt” weapons and that could cause serious hand problems. If someone is that close to you with a full automatic. I recommend taking them out by any and all means necessary. (No idea how to do this yet)

I demo holding the slide, thumbs behind the slide, and palm behind the slide every time I take students to the range (at Simi Valley Krav Maga you can’t promote past Green without knowing how to operate a handgun. If you don’t know how, we teach you). It is a big non event. No pinch, no burn, just a slight pop against the hand, regardless of caliber. As far as what type of weapon, thats a non issue. I don’t give a sh!t if it’s an open bolt MG 42, I’d rather risk losing a finger than risk getting shot. Gun defenses are by their very nature an ABSOLUTE LAST RESORT.

eric-joyce

Thanks Jeremy, I appreciate the response.

Anytime.

inky

Thanks Jeremey, tested this over the weekend.
    I now feel very competent when working it on an semi-auto pistol.
    the Revolver still scares the Bleep out of me. Well at least grabbing a .357 puts the fear in my heart.

Used a sig p-229 and grabbing from the slide is so nice, your %100 on that slight pop no burn “it’s hot but no burn” the only damage i recieved was the front sight racks against the finger…. boo-hoo right? and i like the fact that once jammed i can go full bore combatives knowing i just “WTFPWND his lead thrower with my bare hands”.

Cheers

Anonymous

are people in general favour of grabbing the gun or grabbing the wrist for the inital move of a gun disarm ???? .
    are most in favour of redirect and disarm or

redirect , counter strike and then disarm ??

i personally like at then min the quicker redirect disarm then use the weapon on the person , but that is just me .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNaVmyCcdTI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wnsnWnWHQM

michaelmall

I am not and expert on gun defenses.I know there are
    people that are on here.So in my opinion I would not use
    a wrist grab,because the barrel of the gun does the work.
    Therefore it should be the part that should be moved first.
    Also guns have different trigger pulls,so grabbing the wrist
    first I feel could get you a bullet.How if my thoughts on
    this are wrong,any of our other instructor please correct me.

Anonymous

i agree with you michael , in my opinion , although km is more popular on this site it is important to cross train and take the best from all systems , with gun disarms i feel the wrist is the best place to grab , even if you want to grab wrist redirect , strike his face then disarm ( personally i use the ckm method or redirect with wrist then disarm and shoot though i know this will cause anoyance to someone ) ( if you are that someone sorry if my views offend you but at the end of the day they are my views ) also one thing that will probably cause true krav guys to go crazy , once you have grabbed the gun you then punch his face . in a fight if you punch someones face the hand you use to punch is destroyed if you punch nearly hand enough to hurt him . i would at least recommend a palm heal which i rearly if ever see used with the krav gun defence . ( don’t go mad its just my views , )

wife and new student has be training for a short time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNaVmyCcdTI

michaelmall

Franco when i have control of the barrel I have control of the bullet.The strike is used to harm and distract or as
    it been called(softin them up)so you can releave them
    of the gun.I just like the fist over palm strike because
    it reaches them faster,here in the U.S. we prefer the fist.
    As stated before,If I am wrong instructors feel free to
    correct me.

cmetalman

Franco, gun from behind looks interesting,couple of questions.The weapon being to the center or left side of the back you go to their dead side, is it different if the weapon is more to your right of the back since the weapon has to travel across you’re whole back?
    What if the weapon is touching your back verses maybe a foot or two away will this move still work?…just picking your brain.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: