Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    andre

I still don’t get it. Your so angry and crass in your posts on Bas’ forum, but here you are busting chops over use of the word ignorant. Ah…, ok?

But most importantly, all our info is out in the open. You make a lot of claims about yourself, while slandering others. Odd for someone who tries to rely on forum anonymity. And its curious that you \”caught\” us, when I post under my real name, Detective. I have NC on my location marker. And everyone on the forum(appearently besides you) know I go to Ryan’s school. Another important question is why would we try to hide that fact?

Since your a LEO, you have a boss and commanding officer, right? So even though you are emloyeed by them, you mean to say you walk locked step with them always? And if you agree with them on an issue, should that be discounted simply because you \”work\” for them, or worse does it make you wrong?

Your saying your this, and your that, but who are you. Its a rhetorical question, and I don’t care. I do however care when my name is mentioned in big \”NC identity conspiracies\”, with no endgame to said conspiracy(dont know how it got to be such a big deal).Anyway, I’m also done with this discussion.
    P.S.
    All this info was found without a Degree in Criminal Justice.

kirsten

Oh good job Nancy Drew. 😉 I keep them seperate because of the LE work I do. My boss asked me to, he also worked for me… as an instructor. I am rank and file so I did exactly what I was told to do. No conspiracy to deny the truth here or keep splitting those hairs…

The only axe to grind is yours. Your constantly bugging Oneness who has never taken issue with you. Yeah, he is certified and yes he does run the MMA program. I teach the striking to the fighters we have also. Big deal. I have ring time- at the Olympic level. How ’bout you?

So I get on Krav Maga forum to talk to others and here you are! Doing the same thing to others, bugging them and needling them. If they disagree with you, you try to flame them (which we can see clearly).

I flamed MagicFister in that post because he was a troll and got banned…. sound familiar. Oh, that’s right… for some reason you don’t post on that forum anymore. I must say I am flattered however by your interest in me. But I do not like to stoop to kiss and I am married. How many hours did it take to find that post? I found those two links in less than 5 minutes. Must be my detective training…

You are dodging the issue at hand quite skillfully. Deflect if you want. Try to dig up some dirt in an effort to do so. Make some calls to my elementary teacher if you like, her name was Mrs. Christenson and she is still teaching today. She should be easy to find. Oh, you can call my boss if you like. He reads the forum so I am sure he will be expecting you.

Look at my credentials, they are grown up ones and I have never lied about any of them. 😉

kirsten

kravMDjeff,

Try it with out the caps or email me at [email protected]

anonymous

Okay, who has found whose post when, where, what, I’m getting confused… 😕

KravMD,

First of all, it took you this long to come up with an answer, second of all, next time you \”see me train\”, why not say hello? I don’t know who you are and don’t recall ever meeting you.

Anyway, now we are talking about long ago issues that are no use regurgitating now. I was told I could take the BB test some years back, then there were some issues and I won’t be asked back. It doesn’t matter. That’s not what I train for. I train for myself.

If you find some of my defenses to look a bit rusty, that could very well be, it would have to do with this other issue I’ve been bringing up once in a while, that we have long phases sometimes where we work very little on KM technique, making it hard for anyone who can’t afford private classes to stay sharp at everything. Once again, it would be cool to have some technique only classes (suggestion, not criticism).

As for the forum, since everyone is providing links, where exactly do I say things that are \”out of my area\”? You and your friends are the ones who are constantly implying that you know everything. I don’t. I just offer opinions. If you or anyone else disagrees, why not make some good points that show everyone how wrong I really am, instead of simply stating I’m \”ignorant\” (and insinuating how smart and knowledgeable all of you are in comparison), then leaving it at that as though that proved anything.

As for the instructor course, not everyone has time or interest in taking it, but looks like everyone who wanted to take it could take it, so what does that proof? You’ve taken the crash, I mean instructor course and now that makes you an expert at everything and certifies you to speak about certain issues that I, by your own logic, have no business talking about? If you really know so much, why not convince me that I’m wrong using rational thought and good arguments? If you do this and fail to convince me, than you are either wrong or your arguments aren’t strong enough. Then you decide to make it an emotional issue instead, citing my \”history on the forum\” as though that somehow proved your non-existing point.

I can’t believe that a friendly discussion with Tomoe, who, unlike any of you, actually IS a police officer, suddenly turned into a shouting match. And the worst part is, through some twisted circumstances, I’ll probably be blamed for it, when all I wanted was for somebody to answer my innocent (and really non-aggressive) questions. So far I am still waiting…

sean-akrav

Re:

quote \”Giantkiller\:

Okay, who has found whose post when, where, what, I’m getting confused… 😕

KravMD,

First of all, it took you this long to come up with an answer, second of all, next time you \”see me train\”, why not say hello? I don’t know who you are and don’t recall ever meeting you.

Anyway, now we are talking about long ago issues that are no use regurgitating now. I was told I could take the BB test some years back, then there were some issues and I won’t be asked back. It doesn’t matter. That’s not what I train for. I train for myself.

If you find some of my defenses to look a bit rusty, that could very well be, it would have to do with this other issue I’ve been bringing up once in a while, that we have long phases sometimes where we work very little on KM technique, making it hard for anyone who can’t afford private classes to stay sharp at everything. Once again, it would be cool to have some technique only classes (suggestion, not criticism).

As for the forum, since everyone is providing links, where exactly do I say things that are \”out of my area\”? You and your friends are the ones who are constantly implying that you know everything. I don’t. I just offer opinions. If you or anyone else disagrees, why not make some good points that show everyone how wrong I really am, instead of simply stating I’m \”ignorant\” (and insinuating how smart and knowledgeable all of you are in comparison), then leaving it at that as though that proved anything.

As for the instructor course, not everyone has time or interest in taking it, but looks like everyone who wanted to take it could take it, so what does that proof? You’ve taken the crash, I mean instructor course and now that makes you an expert at everything and certifies you to speak about certain issues that I, by your own logic, have no business talking about? If you really know so much, why not convince me that I’m wrong using rational thought and good arguments? If you do this and fail to convince me, than you are either wrong or your arguments aren’t strong enough. Then you decide to make it an emotional issue instead, citing my \”history on the forum\” as though that somehow proved your non-existing point.

I can’t believe that a friendly discussion with Tomoe, who, unlike any of you, actually IS a police officer, suddenly turned into a shouting match. And the worst part is, through some twisted circumstances, I’ll probably be blamed for it, when all I wanted was for somebody to answer my innocent (and really non-aggressive) questions. So far I am still waiting…

Well…I’m not getting into this because I am ignorant of gun retention amongst other things…Buuuut Jeff doesn’t eat, breathe, and die by the internet. He uses it at work so it might be a while until you get another response.

Also I’m sure it didn’t take him long at all for that response.

anonymous

So, he’s at work only once a week?

Sorry, but he sounds arrogant and presumptuous, telling me that only he is somehow entitled to an opinion and if someone disagrees with him he feels \”offended\”by it.

And then he thinks he can comment on whether or not I should be \”ashamed\” of my training at Krav Maga, all based on clandestinely watching me in some class for a few minutes, but not having the guts to come up to me afterwards to introduce himself. Some brave KM warrior…

bradm

Don’t you guys think it is about time to put this to rest? It doesn’t seem to be accomplishing anything. 🙄

sean-akrav

Re:

quote \”BradM\:

Don’t you guys think it is about time to put this to rest? It doesn’t seem to be accomplishing anything. 🙄

Man this forum is lame I can’t even post a funny picture.

kravmdjeff

There is a huge difference between an informed opinion and an uninformed opinion. People are all valuable, and insofar as people are the ones to hold opinions, opinions are valuable. But all opinions are not equally valuable when related to reality

anonymous

So, who makes the decision on whose opinion is valubale? You do? The supreme leader does? What if he tells his people: \”You are all ignorant on how to run government, so why should you be allowed to vote?\”

I personally find that the beautiful thing about democracy is that all opinions are welcome and even the \”ignorant\” person is allowed to have a voice. If you find you know more about a subject than another person, great, make some good, solid arguments and proof your point. Simply telling people that they shouldn’t be allowed to talk about a certain subject, based on your own personal assessment of their lack of intellect and presumed ignorance about the matter, can be dangerous in my opinion.

But Brad is right, this subject is done.

kravmdjeff

Objectively true vs. subjectively valid. But you’re right, this is done.

anonymous

There may be objective facts that can easily be pointed out during a conversation. But to decide who should or should not speak is a highly subjective matter. You guys don’t like my posts, fine, but I’ve also had people come up to me and tell me how much they enjoy my posts (I know, hard to believe, but true! 😉 ) So, who is right or wrong here? You are? They are? Who gets to decide? Should my supporters be deprived of my many lovely posts, just because a handful of people don’t like them?

What about those who say that Ryan (or you for that matter) shouldn’t speak about matters concerning the police, because you are not police officers? Should you self-censor yourself now, just because they say so? Or should you be allowed to speak about whatever you want, thereby delightening your many supporters, and have the detractors prove you wrong if you happen to say something that turns out to be incorrect?

I say let everybody speak. Let’s not silence people’s voices. Let’s have more of those respectful, rational, civilized discussions we are having right now about the gun subject in the general questions forum. What harm could come from it?

kravmdjeff

GK, look back at my previous posts on this thread. I already self-censored, because while my opinion is as valid as anyone else’s as opinions go, I don’t know as many objective facts or concepts as I should to be able to have my opinion correspond to objective truth. One of the reasons I’m here is to learn from people who know more about these issues than I do, and I can’t do that if my primary goal here is to air my opinion

anonymous

Okay, I checked to quote from some of the things you actually said and I’ve noticed that you deleted, \”self-censored\” the things you said about me.

I’m torn here, because, while I appreciate the effort, I’m not sure what your motivation was. I certainly wouldn’t want to be the cause for anyone censoring himself, even if it is about something he said about me.

Anyway, I love to learn as much as the next person. So, if anyone has anything interesting to say, I’m more than happy to learn from it and really, having open discussions is the best way to learn.

From what you wrote though (and I can’t quote it now), I got the feeling that you subscribed to a bit of an authoritarian world view, in other words, you felt \”offended\” at the very idea of someone questioning their puported leaders and thought that the offensive person, as he is certainly wrong, should not be allowed to speak and maybe even punished for speaking (in this case getting deleted from the forum).

I find this type of thinking dangerous, since it is exactly that type of thinking that gives rise to tyrannies. A group of people revere a leader, believe he is infallible and want anyone questioning him to be silenced, however that may be achieved (in this case detention, torture, execution).

Leaders are not infallible. While they theoretically should have more information and knowledge than the average person, they can still make mistakes. Likewise, an otherwise uneducated person can make a good point sometimes, or even catch the leader making a mistake.

To look at the messenger before the message is a mistake in my opinion. You are betraying your own intellect, because you decide that this person must be right, simply based on who he is. You don’t question, you don’t use your own mind to see whether or not the message actually makes sense to you. If someone is a good leader, the message should make sense, it should proof his point and then you should be convinced by it. But if you aren’t it should be perfectly all right for you to ask a couple of questions, even if that person is generally more educated about the subject than you are.

Disagreement isn’t disrespect, on the contrary, unfortunately too many people seem to confuse these two things.

kravmdjeff

My motivation was that, regardless of how true some of my comments were, they were neither helpful nor respectful. Quite the opposite. So I got rid of them. It had nothing to do with how much I know in comparison to others. It had to do with analyzing my own words and making a judgment call about what was helpful and beneficial to others.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: