Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Gun threat defense – behind

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    taikei

This just came up when I was doing a typical gun threat from behind defense. My instructor at the class told us to \”Strike with elbow and knock off the gun\”. This came to my attention.

In this case, we turn ourselves toward the assailant and grasp the wrist (instead of barrel) and counter attack hard, just enough the assailant may drop the gun. Knife shouldn’t be much of an issue. But which should we stick to, if the gun is dropped. Rush for the gun? or beat the hell out of the assailant.

Also, unlike frontal gun defense where we grab the barrel and keep the slide from recoiling(semi automatic), we hold the wrist for this one.
    He or she can shoot til the magazine’s empty. This has been any issue in the past?

anonymous

Usually, when we train this one, we give the elbow and some knees, then go for a gun takeaway, give one more elbow, then move out.

I think the assailant would probably try to hold on to the gun as long as possible, even trying to get it back, hopefully enough time for you to go for the takeaway.

If he drops the gun, because he is really hurt, maybe you could shove him back, away from the weapon, then give a few more strong counters and rush back to grab it and make distance. If he is hurt, you should hopefully be able to get to the weapon before he does.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: