Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Guys what we’ve been learning this whole time isn’t True Krav Maga

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    tech94

So it looks like there’s a new kid on the block that says his way is the real way Krav Maga should be done. Looks like they’re just localized in South Africa but based on their franchises link they may be inclined to expand
    http://truekravmaga.co/differences/normalkravmaga/

bear34

Re: Guys what we’ve been learning this whole time isn’t True Krav Maga

quote tech94:

So it looks like there’s a new kid on the block that says his way is the real way Krav Maga should be done. Looks like they’re just localized in South Africa but based on their franchises link they may be inclined to expand
    http://truekravmaga.co/differences/normalkravmaga/

“Doh!”

Hmmm….Considering that I have trained with the guy who was the SgtMaj in charge of the Krav training for the IDF, I’m going to call bulls hit on these South African losers. Pathetic…

petervdberge

wait wut? i think truekravmaga.com is the real commercial krav maga teachers here. look. isn’t it obvius? the practicle examples shown in the movies there are played, made not to work. its like trying to make a research. if you want A to be the answer of your research, you kan make it so. if you want B, you can make its so that its B.

Summarized: i think truekravmaga is the party trying to make money here..

tech94

They actually state that the IDF uses the ineffective form of Krav Maga too…guess anyone using the Krav Maga name for “I made this up” is going to continue to happen

mara-jade

Good grief..enough of the B.S already:razz:

catapult

The founder has 108 videos on youtube. The first couple I watched looked kinda interesting. Then I lost interest in seeing any more when in this one he advocates grabbing the blade as the first choice for the disarm part of a grab and stab knife attack. I mean, he’s got control of the wrist (R and C part of RCAT) so why grab the blade??? YIKES!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWFqbgWuNwg

tech94

Wow, I didn’t look at any other videos besides the ones on the link I put up. There’s no way I’m gonna attempt to grab that blade…dumb moves. Your hands will be shredded

don

quote catapult:

The founder has 108 videos on youtube. The first couple I watched looked kinda interesting. Then I lost interest in seeing any more when in this one he advocates grabbing the blade as the first choice for the disarm part of a grab and stab knife attack. I mean, he’s got control of the wrist (R and C part of RCAT) so why grab the blade??? YIKES!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWFqbgWuNwg

LMAO What a TOOL!

kevinmack

a bad understanding of KM history,technique and reality. But if you say it with an accent and make it look flashy people will buy it. People are stupid.

seraphs-coal

Pretty sure the government of South Africa have a very definite opinion on Israel and none of its good. Did they not host a conference on Racism that turned into a bashing Israel weekend?

bradm

Looks like a good way to loose a finger(s).

rickprado

FYI, you can only do that takeaway once……..kinda hard to do it a 2nd time with no fingers.

I have seen his videos before. It’s unfortunate because these students don’t realize what they are being taught is fake.
    According to pretty much all his videos that I watched…every organization has their techniques wrong. Including bear hugs….where he forgot to base out…how convenient.

tkm

Hi guys,

I’m one of the owners of TKM. Seems like you’re all a little critical.
    We don’t say what we say without making sure about our facts and testing it thoroughly, whether that be testing our own system or the other “Krav Maga” out there.

You might want to read through our site a little more with an open mind of course. You might also want to read the letter we received from Lotar (Israeli counter terrorism unit) after a recent visit. Also read the testimonial from the the unit’s chief instructor. He might be a little more qualified to judge our system then you are, or than an IDF sergeant major.

Look, I can’t prove any of you wrong on a forum. I can assure you though that practically it is not difficult.

We’ll be coming to the USA next year for some workshops, you’re welcome to attend.

And by the way, holding a knife is not going to make you lose your fingers, there’s a little more to it than just grabbing it senselessly. But again, something I cannot prove to you here.

Hope to see you at one of our workshops.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: