Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Guys what we’ve been learning this whole time isn’t True Krav Maga

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author

Re: Guys what we’ve been learning this whole time isn’t True Krav Maga

TKM,
    Your system could be the greatest thing since beer and blow jobs, but the fact is, it’s NOT Krav Maga. Krav Maga is a clearly defined, principle based system with a recognized lineage and a rich history. While our techniques may change, our principles do not. What you do does NOT follow our clearly defined, widely recognized principles. You have simply attached yourself to the name “Krav Maga” in order to capitalize on it’s success. What you have done is disingenuous at best and dishonest at worst. I lean towards dishonest.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Keep us posted on the workshops I’d love to attend, its been a while since I left a mushroom print on someones forehead.

catapult

quote :

You might also want to read the letter we received from Lotar (Israeli counter terrorism unit) after a recent visit. Also read the testimonial from the the unit’s chief instructor. He might be a little more qualified to judge our system then you are, or than an IDF sergeant major.

Even this strikes me as disingenuous/dishonest. I’m no expert on such things but the only Lotar I’m aware of is Avi Nardia’s version of Kapap (a system not a unit) and Lotar Eilat (a reserve unit formed in a remote city because they are so far from regular IDF forces.)

Meanwhile, the “Sergeant Major” you are so dismissive of, if it’s who I think it is, was a lead instructor and operational team leader for the IDF special forces counter terror and hostage rescue unit until quite recently.

don

quote TKM:

Hi guys,

I’m one of the owners of TKM. Seems like you’re all a little critical.

Really? There’s this word that you might want to look up – hypocrisy. You go out of your way to point out what you THINK are the flaws in other techniques and systems to make a name for yourselves but then you cry about others being to “critical” about what you teach? Chutzpah!

We don’t say what we say without making sure about our facts and testing it thoroughly, whether that be testing our own system or the other “Krav Maga” out there.

I only took a look at a couple of your videos – ones showing how “crappy” other KM techniques are and how “great” your techniques are. First, IF you were trying to demonstrate the techniques that I’m familiar with, you were executing them poorly. Second, I saw just as many if not more “flaws” in your demonstrated techniques. Btw, your gun threat defense (takeaway) from the front would have FAR less applicability/chance of success if the BG is further away (i.e. not putting the gun in contact or within an inch of your body).

You might want to read through our site a little more with an open mind of course.

Works both ways AND you might want to talk less crap about other systems. IF your system was SO great and SO much better than anything else out there, it would be readily evident and you wouldn’t need to act so petty/immature.

You might also want to read the letter we received from Lotar (Israeli counter terrorism unit) after a recent visit. Also read the testimonial from the the unit’s chief instructor. He might be a little more qualified to judge our system then you are, or than an IDF sergeant major.

Yeah, no one here knows ANYTHING about combat, self-defense, martial arts, or ANYTHING like that… :rolleyes:

Look, I can’t prove any of you wrong on a forum. I can assure you though that practically it is not difficult.

We’ll be coming to the USA next year for some workshops, you’re welcome to attend.

And by the way, holding a knife is not going to make you lose your fingers, there’s a little more to it than just grabbing it senselessly. But again, something I cannot prove to you here.

Well, that quote tells me a lot. 1. you don’t have much edged weapons training. 2. you haven’t tested/trained that technique with a real knife 3. if you did train with a real knife, the guy with the knife simply let you take it (i.e. your training wasn’t realistic)

Hope to see you at one of our workshops.

No thanks.

Btw, here is some constructive criticism. Go get some legitimate instructor development training and/or work on your people skills. If you talk crap with a holier than thou attitude (like in your videos), you’re likely to alienate potential clients, students, training partners, and even practitioners and instructors from whom you might have learned something. If/when that happens, besides being bad for business, you also lose the opportunity to share anything that you might have had of real value/importance.

rickprado

Catapult:

LOTAR is an acronym for the counter terror school, not a self defense system used in the IDF, and it is not a reserve unit.

My instructor(Rick Blitstein) was certified by Imi and laughed his ass off when I showed him the video.

Red flag warning:

Krav Maga is principle based system that has been in place for over 60 years and all of a sudden, these guys are trying to disprove it!

The SGM(Nir Maman) who was dismissed as being only a SGM was the 2009 soldier of the year. You don’t get that by accident and I don’t need to toot his horn, although I have trained with him and have been certified to teach his system.

His military credentials are unmatched by anyone that is currently teaching any form of krav maga. Simply put, he’s been there and done that and in the process taught it.

You haven’t done your homework if you don’t know who Nir is and what he’s done. If you can make any counter claims to his credentials, I’d love to hear them as I haven’t had a good laugh since Moni Aizik and his bull**** claims to have been in an “elite” unit.

The obvious money grab sticks out like a pregnant pole vaulter in the dead of winter.

Knock a tried and true system with a “better” one and people will follow. As Kevin said, people are stupid. If you have an Israeli accent and talk loud enough, you can convince enough people to come to your school I guess.

If I’m wrong about anything I’ve said, please enlighten me.

catapult

Thanks Rick. My apologies to TKM for being misinformed about LOTAR.

A little follow up…I have it on VERY good authority that TKM (Idan Abolnak) posted a fraudulent letter from LOTAR on his website and has been contacted by them and told to take it down. Why am I not surprised….

rickprado

I’ve heard from a member of the CTU/LOTAR that the letter provided from the unit commander is fake. It was passed along for verification and fraudulent it is. A rep from the unit has contacted them to cease and desist I imagine.

We live in a transparent age where every outrageous claim can be verified. To suggest that TKM is the real deal and everything else, never mind what is taught at the CTU is fake is pretty preposterous. Chutzpah to the ultimate degree!

kevinmack

empty cans make the loudest noise

don

quote KevinMack:

empty cans make the loudest noise

LMAO!!! You Sir, are a Gentleman and a Scholar! thumbsup

catapult

It keeps getting better. God told him to do it. rofl2

“First, True Krave Maga is a system from God. As David was guided by God and given a new weapon and knowledge against an enemy much greater, so, TKM has been given the realistically effective techniques to train people.” (dated after his post here)

http://truekravmaga.co/blog/what-happened-to-krav-maga/#more-79

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote catapult:

It keeps getting better. God told him to do it. rofl2

“First, True Krave Maga is a system from God. As David was guided by God and given a new weapon and knowledge against an enemy much greater, so, TKM has been given the realistically effective techniques to train people.” (dated after his post here)

http://truekravmaga.co/blog/what-happened-to-krav-maga/#more-79

rofl2 best joke I’ve heard all day

And The Lord sayeth that TKM be known as a douche, and that his system be cast upon the dead remains of Commando Krav Maga. So let it be written, so let it be done.

catapult

quote CJs Dad:

Keep us posted on the workshops I’d love to attend, its been a while since I left a mushroom print on someones forehead.

Rather than a mushroom print (had to look that one up, don’t want to go there :Unsure:) how about taking your Emerson and letting Idan show you how well that blade-grabbing takeaway works? Well, on second thought, you could probably draw blood with a practice knife so no point in slicing off his fingers. :):

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote catapult:

Rather than a mushroom print (had to look that one up, don’t want to go there :Unsure:) how about taking your Emerson and letting Idan show you how well that blade-grabbing takeaway works? Well, on second thought, you could probably draw blood with a practice knife so no point in slicing off his fingers. :):

In hindsight that might have been a little crass of me to say in the forums. My apology to the forum members, I tend to get a little heated over this subject.

As far as his disarm techniques, I’m sure they work well against say for example an angry fry cook wielding an egg whisk, or maybe even a spatula. But I really think he might need to re-evaluate some of the sharper kitchen utensils.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: