Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Guys what we’ve been learning this whole time isn’t True Krav Maga

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    don

Re: Guys what we’ve been learning this whole time isn’t True Krav Maga

quote Jeremy Stafford:

And The Lord sayeth that TKM be known as a douche, and that his system be cast upon the dead remains of Commando Krav Maga. So let it be written, so let it be done.

ahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaa

don

quote cjs Dad:

in Hindsight That Might Have Been A Little Crass Of Me To Say In The Forums. My Apology To The Forum Members, I Tend To Get A Little Heated Over This Subject.

as Far As His Disarm Techniques, I’m Sure They Work Well Against Say For Example An Angry Fry Cook Wielding An Egg Whisk, Or Maybe Even A Spatula. But I Really Think He Might Need To Re-evaluate Some Of The Sharper Kitchen Utensils.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa

kmyoshi

Upon looking deeper into the site of TKM, I have found these videos showing the differences between “commercial” Krav Maga and “True Krav Maga”

Pistol Defense from the Front

Knife Defense – Overhand Stabbing

Both defenses are interesting (and different obviously) but the pistol one I noticed his body not getting out of the line of fire after the redirect…

Also please note the terrible “comparisons” with both “commercial” examples. For the pistol, there is no advancing/redirection of the body, just using flailing arms with a wide (telegraphing) grab for the gun. For the knife, there is no simultaneous counterattack.

kevinmack

whenever I see one of these types of guys trying to show that the traditional KM knife defense doesnt work they keep forgetting that we are PUNCHING THE GUY IN THE ****ING FACE!!!

kmky

quote KevinMack:

whenever I see one of these types of guys trying to show that the traditional KM knife defense doesnt work they keep forgetting that we are PUNCHING THE GUY IN THE ****ING FACE!!!

I’ve only had 1 person take me up on the offer to let them put headgear on and let me go full speed with the counter when they tell me it will not work. The disarm was a lot easier to make when he was unconscious.

Also, that was some sloppy technique in the videos. Of course they aren’t going to be as effective if you do them incorrectly and the “attacker” is choreographed a defense.

Nice work all of you! Maybe the students of this group and future students will find this thread. You didn’t just argue against TKM but you managed to prove that many of their claims such as LOTAR is fake.

rickprado

I’m pretty sure you were saying that their claims regarding LOTAR are fake, but LOTAR is in fact the counter terror school in the IDF.

On another note, I had a weird dream the other night the Imi and Eli Avikzar were in my backyard.

Gotta lay off the vodka on Fridays!

quote rickprado:

I’m pretty sure you were saying that their claims regarding LOTAR are fake, but LOTAR is in fact the counter terror school in the IDF.

Correct! I should have been more clear.

resqr1

quote CJs Dad:

In hindsight that might have been a little crass of me to say in the forums. My apology to the forum members, I tend to get a little heated over this subject.

As far as his disarm techniques, I’m sure they work well against say for example an angry fry cook wielding an egg whisk, or maybe even a spatula. But I really think he might need to re-evaluate some of the sharper kitchen utensils.

Apology NOT accepted. Carry on, brother. And I’ll be glad to attens a course with you. Not too sure about the mushroom bruises, though…rofl2

pfff

Jerre ma julle is darm dik deur die kak ne. Geen wonder die kak wat julle leer werk nie – want hoe kan n mens wat so min fokken weet met iets potential opkom. lol … TKMCT is legit en dit werk. Period. Nou gaan wees vet iewers anders – praat minder doen meer want dit klink of julle n klomp bliksemse vet gatte is wat skinder die hele dag!

llama

Pfff, you do realise that Afrikaans is not a very wide spread language

My only thought is if TKM is so effective, why must it’s practitioners and Idan always slander other instructors and students instead of letting it’s reputation speak for itself ? Subconscious over compensation comes to mind

But if you believe what you are learning is superior to everyone else’s, I hope it works out for you when the situation arises

pfff

Problem lies here, for someone who has been in there like Idan and seen what happens in reality, the techniques are flawless because its directly from Israel. Its not so much slander but anger that people can come up with watered down versions and hope that this will save their students lives. Its about teaching to survive not barely survive. 50% of the techniques out there are fused with so called commercial krav maga, a watered down version for civilians. When someone attacks you, there’s nothing civil about it.

The problem doesn’t so much lay in South Africa alone but in other parts of the world people are seeing this as a quick money making scheme. I would to be angry if for the respect I had to work blood and tears and achievements I gained through training for years with the IDF to be pissed on by quick money making gainers in false moves that will not save your life in the end. Everyone has their opinions and everyone believes their style is better.

The truth is this, think about it, would you really feel comfortable knowing that what you have been taught is watered down. If you really want to see what True Krav Maga is visit one of their websites, or seminars. It’s not only in South Africa, but in the US, UK, Italy and many other countries. Their not a new kid on the block especially not with the techniques.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

I think the real problem here is that marketing what your teaching as “pure” or “true” or “real” or “original” Krav Maga – is Bull****. The statement that its “Flawless because its direct from Israel” is also Bull****. I don’t even understand what that means.

I teach reality based self defense that’s got grounded principals set down by a guy named Imi. The techniques I share with students follow those guidelines.

The initial self defense addresses the immediate danger, what you choose to do following that is based on your ROE/UOFC. And that’s going to be different for MIL, different for LE, and certainly different for a soccer mom getting in her van with her children.

Its irresponsible for me to teach the soccer mom to terminate yet her attack can have exactly the same violence as that of a LE or MIL. The same could be said for LE, address the immediate danger; deploy a higher level of force (Taser, OC, Baton etc) The LE doesn’t have to pull his sidearm and terminate because someone tried to punch them.

Theres nothing “watered down” about that. Its situational context.

I’m going to go with Staffords previous comment

quote Jeremy Stafford:

Your system could be the greatest thing since beer and blow jobs, but the fact is, it’s NOT Krav Maga. Krav Maga is a clearly defined, principle based system with a recognized lineage and a rich history. While our techniques may change, our principles do not. What you do does NOT follow our clearly defined, widely recognized principles. You have simply attached yourself to the name “Krav Maga” in order to capitalize on it’s success. What you have done is disingenuous at best and dishonest at worst. I lean towards dishonest.
    pfff

I’m tired of fighting with dumb people. Here lets make it easy, there will be a TKM tour in the states again. You are more than welcome to come pop in and have a look. Its ironic 99% of the people invited never shows up yet has so much to say always 🙂

quote Pfff:

I’m tired of fighting with dumb people.

I think we should ask Brian Williams and Bill O’Rielly, they were there and can say what real krav is.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: