Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Welcome Forums Has anyone had experience with this diet?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello, my boy friend is now 40 years old and he has got himself out of shape. He is a businessman and hasn’t been exercising like he used to. He has recently started taking daily walks and working out again. He told me last night he wants to start a diet where you only drink liquids for 21 days, forget what the name of the diet is. I’m a nurse and I’m trying to talk him out of this as I feel it not healthy at all. Has anyone had experience with this diet? He has high cholesterol and high blood pressure and I’m very concerned this will cause him major problems.

vwr32

Re: Has anyone had experience with this diet?

quote cancersurvivor:

Hello, my boy friend is now 40 years old and he has got himself out of shape. He is a businessman and hasn’t been exercising like he used to. He has recently started taking daily walks and working out again. He told me last night he wants to start a diet where you only drink liquids for 21 days, forget what the name of the diet is. I’m a nurse and I’m trying to talk him out of this as I feel it not healthy at all. Has anyone had experience with this diet? He has high cholesterol and high blood pressure and I’m very concerned this will cause him major problems.

Is it the 21 Day Detox diet?

Some of the liquid diets include blending veggies in a blender. I guess it would depend on what kinds of liquids he’s going to be consuming. The issues he’s facing now aren’t due to a lack of a liquid diet in the pasts, rather they’re due to the cumulative effects of poor food choices.

I can’t help but wonder if opting for the liquid diet means he’s not going to change his eating habits in the long run. It amounts to trying to fix the results without addressing the cause. The magic pill if you will. If he does plan on changing his dietary choices, the issues he’s facing which make him want to do the liquid diet will disappear. If he does the liquid diet and makes no changes, he’ll be right back where he is now. If he just makes healthy choices now, no need for liquid diet.

If it’s a detox thing… that’s a scam in my book. Have him google “detox myths”. Here’s one article to get things started. http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=64306

And welcome to the board:):

mara-jade

quote cancersurvivor:

Welcome to the Forum!:wav: Dang, I’ve read about 1 or 2 days of something similar but if it’s what vwr32 is describing, I’m really surprised he’s not listening to you since you’re a nurse. It seems he’s looking for a quick fix and he may just hurt himself healthwise. Really, us not being medical personnel, it be best if he got a 2nd opinion from someone qualified he could talk to. This isn’t the kind of thing you just decide, ‘oh let’s do a liquid diet for 21 days’. I hope it works out for the best.

kmcat

There was a long discussion about diet here:

http://kmforum.kravmaga.com/showthread.php?t=2123

I’m becoming a “disciple” of a more protein based diet with a lot less carbohydrates that normally get consumed.

garddawg

Cancersurvivor,
    What is the reason that he wants to go on this diet? Is he planning on radically changing his current lifestyle?

fatboy522

Hello buddies, I really want to loose some weight but walking just bores me or at least it does after a while, I like to take up a fitness DVD. I had in the past but canít find the right one. Does anybody know where I could download one from the internet? It costs so much to buy them and not use them but if I can download them for free then I can try to apply that. Thanks a lot.

mara-jade

Welcome to the forum!:wav:

Are you trying to supplement your training? You could try googling for fitness videos but hard to say if you’ll find what you’re looking for.

Yeah, walking can get boring. Dunno what kind of room you have to train at home. Kettlebells very good and I just picked up some reebok ones to work on at home.

I’m sure others here will give you ideas but good luck in your search:D:

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: