Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Have you dreamt about krav maga?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    guerriere

Last weekend after Darren Levine’s gun defense workshop in DC (excellent workshop, btw) I couldn’t fall asleep that day because I kept jerking myself awake grabbing for guns.

Then a few days later I dreamt that someone attacked me and I got the upper hand, but I kept punching his nose and nothing was happening. I thought \”Why aren’t you bleeding yet?\” (Just like my partner didn’t bleed in class!) … so then I thought, \”forget this\” and I brought up an elbow to his chin and cracked the back of his skull against a wall, and then I woke up. I think I bonked the dog instead of the bad guy. Oops.

Does anyone else have a dream they’d care to share?

giant-killer

A long time ago I dreamt I was in this really far away, lonely parking garage and someone walked up and put a gun on me. It was a pretty vivid dream and I was scared, but I somehow did the gun defense and then took off running, towards a hotel, which was about one dark block away. I remember being nervous about having lost sight of the gunman, who was still somewhere in the garage (and could pop back up again at any moment). I also didn’t know what to do about the gun once I got closer to the hotel. I had shorts and a shirt on, so no place to hide it and I was nervous the security guards would think I’m the bad guy. But I guess it all ended well.

crazy-train

funny that i choose to read this thread today….

….had one last night. i was just minding my own business in some park, when some guys surround me and start messing around. talking and backing out of the situation wasn’t working. one guy throws a right cross at me and i do the appropriate inside defense with a counter to his head. right after i punch him i wake up with my fist embedded in the wall next to my bed 😀 . my girlfriend is now afraid to fall asleep next to me 😥

stevetuna

Last night!!!!

I was dreaming that I was told to repeat Phase A – YIKES!!!!!

(I hope that this was just a nightmare and not a premonition… 😯 )

mike-g

You and me both.

maskedkat

I’ve only had one dream I’ve had where I used KM. I was in some really crowded club and Paris Hilton kept stepping on my foot. I told her to cut it out and when she did it again I started throwing elbows.

A few weeks back, I dreamt that I was looking at some kind of wild animal behind a window, and all of a sudden it lunged and I realized the window glass was no longer there. At the instant the animal lunged, my husband touched my hip – I flipped around and planted an elbow, which fortunately missed his head!

kmcat

When I first started taking KM after a couple of months I had several dreams involving KM techniques and attacks on dream characters.

I took this as a good sign. My sub-conscious was absorbing the techniques.

Just recently, I was reading a section of KM book I have. It was about stick against stick defenses and attacks. That night I had a dream that my KM gym had installed a new robot/machine that drilled you with stick defenses and attacks. In the dream our school’s instructor said \”be careful with that it can hurt you bad\”.

giant-killer

Wow, I love it. You should get a patent on that! 😀

kmcat

Re:

[quote:c8cb5e2fc4=\”Giant Killer\”]Wow, I love it. You should get a patent on that! 😀

Unfortunately the details were pretty vague. I couldn’t say exactly what it looked like.

blindfold

well I hope my dreams don’t get this vivid.

KMCat were you watching IRobot last night as well.

This may explain a few things

badge54

I had horrible dreams the night of my Level one test. The test was in the evening and went late into the night. I went home and crashed out.

Many times through the night I woke my self up firing off punches, kicks and just flinching. I punched the headboard hard enough to cut my knuckles. At least it was the first two knuckels so I know my fist is right.

Badge54

computex

Well

I don’t train in Krav Maga

But I dreamed that I was fighting a bad guy that I fought before and I lost the fight (in real life), I dreamed that I used my knee and elbow and he wasn’t injured after all that !!

I hope this dream become real, because really I want to fight again with that guy. 😀

svtg40

nothing but choke defense dreams. i guess after so many times they repeat it in the level 1 class its kinda embedded.

mara-jade

Nah, no dreams really but ever since I”ve been in KM, I seem to sleep with my fists ready to fight-LOL. Dunno where that came from but at least once a night I catch myself like that. 😀

ryan

In my experience, personal and anecdotal, dreams where you hit someone and nothing happens are a call to train. I know of many LEOs who have had the dream where they try to fire their gun and it doesn’t work or the bullets just drop out or something of that sort. This is a call to go to the range.

Just my opinion.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: