Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

My name is Nickolas Cook. I just started taking Krav Maga classes in Tucson, AZ. and have fallen in love with the whole thing– blood, sweat and tears, the aches and pains.
    I’m glad I stumbled across this forum, because I have a hard time finding people outside the classes to talk to about Krav. I’m so enthusiastic, I think I might be scaring my co-workers. HA!

mara-jade

Re: Hello all…

Welcome Nickolas!:wav:

I already scare minerofl2. Have you gotten the stares when you come to work all bruised up? Hubby and I both do it so it’s great marriage therapy:box2: I recently got a friend and her hubby to join too. It can definitely get contagious.

Glad you found us – please feel free to have a look around and ask questionsthumbsup

First class, I broke a toe, and limped around for four weeks. The next week I came in with a swollen eye, cause I didn’t block correctly. Lessons learned. So I do get the stares around the office. The coolest thing is I’ve lost 15 lbs so far.
    Thanks for the welcome.

mara-jade

Dang, you got initiated into Bruiseville GOOD – congrats on the weight loss thumbsup. Hubby and I lost 50 pounds total when we first started. Now we’re training again after a hiatus and yeah, nothing beats the painrofl2

gitano

Hello from a fellow new guy. This is Sean from the Mon-Wed-Sat blood/sweat/tears-fest @ The Ultima.

Want to hear something funny? When Jenna popped me in the nose during Wednesday’s class, I said it was because I got distracted. Truth of the matter is, during the inside defense drill, the thought I has was, “If I go home with one of Jenna’s blonde hairs on me, I’ll get to try out ALL of my defenses…at full speed AND power!” rofl2

Then I got hit in the nose. :Surprised:

Anway, see you Saturday AM.

Sean

Sean, hey man. Nice to see a familiar face here. I was wondering what happened Wed. I kinda caught it from the corner of my eye, as Rick was handing my ass to me with that deadly side headlock move. HA!
    I worked out with Jenna two weeksago, and she clocked me a good one, too. 360 defense. My freakin’ arms felt like giant bruises for two days afterwards.

gitano

Headlock from the Side is fun…it’s one of the few Lev 1 things that’s very hard to practice solo. Even with Chokes from Wherever one can at least go through the motions to sorta build muscle memory. I hope we do more of the Headlock defense in class. That and doing stuff from the Ground….which I find grueling!

I’ve noticed that if I don’t come home with at least some soreness and/or bruising, I feel sorta cheated (by me, not by the class.) :o)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: