Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    boucheed

I am new to Krav Maga, but have been interested for a couple of years now. I recently went to the local training center here and watched the instruction. I am very interesed in joining but have a few questions. This center has restructured their curiculum so each student regardless of leve sees a little of everything during a one year period of instruction. In the past they broke it up by level they are just changing things around this year. The second question I have is what is the average cost for a month of training.

mara-jade

Re: Hello

Welcome!:wav:

In regards to fees, this statement from Ryan sums it up pretty well

This topic has been covered MANY times. Do a search for \”fees\”, and you’ll see many such discussions, that should shed some light. There are a lot of variables that go into determining the rates at individual schools.

In regards to the curriculum, having the levels hasn’t changed that I’m aware of. The book written by Darren Levine and John Whitman (Complete Krav Maga) is broken down exactly by levels.

Now I can only speak for my center. There are other classes offered that at timed go only for certain levels (like say Basic Weapons). Other times an instructor may show a class a move that’s not part of the normal curriculum (i.e. level 1/2 class maybe showing a couple of level 3 moves to give the students a taste of what’s at the higher levels). That’s not unheard of. Maybe that’s what I’m interpreting your ‘see a little of everything’ as :confused:

Anyhow, hope this helps you some – congrats on coming to the Krav side:D:

boucheed

Thanks,

I

boucheed

Thanks,

I bought the book; I still have to joing the center. The rates there are $80 initiation and $80 per month which I have to pay first and last month up front…

giant-killer

Sounds pretty good.

boucheed

Thanks Giant Killer

desert-strom

Welcome! I have been training at the center you are talking about for a little over a year now. The instructors are excellent and the mix of students is refreshing. There has always been a good feeling of mutual respect at this school. The curriculum restructuring did start this January. They plan to not only progress through the “levels” as it were but my impression is that they are really trying to make us understand how each basic premise (foot work, body position, movement, etc.) tie into the next more advanced technique. With a strong understanding in basic premises they really want to see us flow into the next technique versus approaching each new defense or combination as something in a vacuum. There is also more emphasis on combining these techniques in more meaningful ways. Instead of just working on punches, then stopping and kicking, then stopping and defending punches, then stopping and defending kicks we now have drills that combine all these aspects. This makes for some good physical and mental workouts. In many ways more “real world”. Istructors keep telling us to pay attention and ingrain these basics as the intensity will continue to pick up.

For myself I have really enjoyed this change in pace so far. I don’t think you can go wrong. As for fees this center is extremely reasonable from what I learned from my “shopping” around a year ago.

Hope this helps. Hope to see you in class. I usually hit Monday AM and Thursday PM classes.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: