Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    usmckoontz

Hello from South Carolina. Just saying hello… I am currently searching for a “Martial Art” to study.I do know I want a in your face style, and one that focuses more on ending the fight (one way or another), and not sport. I have basically narrowed it down to:

Krav Maga
    Wing Chun
    Jeet Kune Do
    Silat

So here I am to learn as much about Krav Maga, as it is where I am leaning towards right now. So any input on how KM compares to the others would be great 🙂

Since I said South Carolina, I am about 40 mins from Augusta,GA 45 mins from Columbia, and a little over a hour from Summerville/Charleston and Statesboro, GA so any instructors you may know about 🙂 🙂 🙂

Re: Hello……

Krav Maga – you won’t be disappointed. I’ve done TKD and Aikido. In the first class of KM, i think i learned more than with 5 weeks of aikido, where they teach you to dance and it’s mostly staged. Plus you’ll know you’re getting a workout in KM in the first 20 mins. The aim is to teach you to get the fight over in about 3 seconds or less. You’ll get the best in KM from karate, jie jitzu, judo, and down and dirty street fighting, all combined in KM, plus you’ll be in kick ass shape. Good luck, semper fi and semper paratus.

Oh yeah, forgot to include Muay Thai and boxing is included in KM.

Krav won’t disappoint you. If you’ve ever done a no-poop MCMAP belt course you will feel somewhat at home; Krav is much better than MCMAP for detail and technique, is intense, and in your face.

lisad71

I did TKD in high school, but when I started taking KM, tried to put all of that training out of my mind. Apples and oranges. You should definitely try KM. Not only is it a great workout, you will learn things quickly that you can use to defend yourself. Good luck 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: