Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jdub

Hi everyone, my name is Jeff and recently I’ve been looking into taking a martial art to stay active and healthy, as well as hoping to learn partical fighting skills. I’ve been turned off by alot of martial arts because of how flashy and unpractical alot of the movements, etc. seem to be. I recently heard about Krav Maga and from all I’ve red it seems to be just what I’m looking for. I’m 18 years old and still going to high school, but I have too much free time on my hands and I want something that is healthy and active, but at the same time I’m very interested in learning how to defend myself. I’d love to hear what any of you practitioners would have to say about it and if you think Krav Maga would be right for me?

scn

Hey Jdub,

I’ve taking Krav for a little over a year now and I find that I look forward to each class as if I were still a beginner. Classes can be physically intense, pushing you to perform under duress (preparation for real fight situations). Real life situations do not require picture perfect stances, punches or kicks they require you to do your defenses and attacks adequately enough to finish off your opponent and/or escape.

The techniques are very easy to pick up, very natural, with or without previous martial arts training.

Hope this helps a little.

kravmark

Jdub- your hoping to learn \”practical fighting skills\”?, what you will learn is practical self-defense skills that will Help you in most all fighting situations you get into. It’s tough and intense, but very practical for the world we live in. Your 18 w/too much free time? You have found the right system.
    You have to go and SEE some classes, then get into one-( the first one is usually free-) :mrgreen:

jdub

i already called a dojo around here that teaches krav maga but ive been basically playing phone-tag back and forth with the guy, whenever i get ahold of him and can make an appointment hopefully ill be checking out my first class, i think this is probably the martial art for me

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: