Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics How has KM changed you as a person?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    j-frank

What effects has Krav had on you emotionally or spiritually? Have you noticed a difference in your mental processes? Has it effected your social life or political views?

Has Krav altered your personality?

sean-akrav

krav isnt some spiritual asian martial art. The only thing it did for me was take less crap from people and be aware of my surroundings 24/7.

j-frank

Re:

quote \”Sean_AKrav\:

krav isnt some spiritual asian martial art. The only thing it did for me was take less crap from people and be aware of my surroundings 24/7.

Of course it isn’t, I’m not implying that it is. But everything we do effects us on different levels, I’m curious how KM has effected others.

I’m glad you’re taking less crap from people – I think.

canuck

krav gave me confidence, a set of testicles. also ignited a passion for fitness in me. but most importantly i fell in love with it so much that i decided to get out of the work field i was in (preschool and kindergarten) and devote my life to krav maga and to fighting.

jfox

Thats quite a difference in professions Canuck! Good for you though, your doing what you want to do with your life.

I am in Law Enforcement, and I can see a 100% improvement in my abilities to protect myself before resorting to my weapons. That alone boosts a persons confidence and in my case allows me to do my job better and safer.

And practicing 2-3 times per week gives me something to look foward to. I wasn’t the most active person before, but Krav inspired me to change that. My social circle so to speak has grown with my peers from class and on boards such as this one.

I can’t claim that Krav has totally changed my life, but it has had a positive impact on it. And in a short period of time too.

giant-killer

Hmmm, I don’t think KM has changed me much as a person, just given me an opportunity to finally learn how to kick some serious ass, something I had always wanted to do. 😈

smokelaw1

LOL, Giantkiller, yes, I have learned (or am at least on my way….passed my first level test on Saturday) to kick some serious ass.

Most importantly to me, I have found the stress releif of Krav’s intense workouts to be very very good for me mentally. I am a backpacker and climber, but also a busy professional. I can’t always get out for a three day re-charge of the mental batteries, and at times, I was getting very high strung and misreable because of this. I have noticed a definite change in this since starting Krav. Would any intense workout system have caused a similar change? Perhaps. But the comraderie of the school and the classes, along with the attitude of training that lasts well after I leave each session has ABSOLUTELY made a mental difference to me…even if not some \”spiritual Asian martial art.\”

kpalena

Change….hmmm

I lost 30 pounds of fat
    I have a 6 pack now
    I have gained a lot of lean muscle

I walk with confidence
    I see the world differently
    I am amazed at what my body can do

I have changed physically quite a bit
    I am mentally more calm
    Emotionally solid

I owe it all to Krav.

sunnysd

No six pack here, except the drinking variety (maybe that’s why?) 😕

The biggest change for me is I don’t get road rage anymore.

Also better self confidence

hollywood

i would have to say that i am alot more calm now. situations that would have made me flip before don’t bother me as much. i guess it is self confidence or maybe just self control. either way i think i am better because of krav.

giant-killer

No road rage anymore? 😯 Well, I suppose I’m simply not training enough…. 😉

bradm

\”No six pack here, except the drinking variety \”

I used to have a six pack many years ago. Now I have a keg. 😆

For me, I think it would be another way to re-connect with my Jewish homeland ( I have not visited Israel yet ) and to keep physically fit.

Being Jewish has opened my eyes to the special dangers that Jewish people go through everyday, even though I did not pay much attention to Israel when I was younger but now, that I am older, I noticed the dangers for Jewish Americans like myself have increased to the point that I am very concerned for myself so I am taking Krav Maga for my health and fitness needs as well as my own personal safety.

smokelaw1

Fitness:

It’s wonderful that you see Krav as a way to connect with Israel. I see it that way as well.
    I was fortunate enough to spend some time there in the days and weeks leading up to the first intifada in 1987. I eagerly await the day that I go back.
    Growing up as the only Jewish family with children of school age was tough on me and my two brothers. I wish I had Krav training (for youngsters) at the time. I can only imagine the horror of the world in which Imi found himself, where the consequences of a fight were far, far graver than those school-yard altercations with anti-semites.

rreger

I am planning to pass on what I have learned by training to be an instructor. I have never really focused on it and I am sure it has always been there but I have developed a real conviction to champion the weak and oppressed. I can’t see any better way than teaching Krav Maga to those that walk in fear. Training to be an instructor has been tough but it has been very rewarding, especially watching newcomers progress and become more confident. I know this will sound cliche but Krav Maga has made my life full and I am grateful for its existence here in the States.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: