Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics How has KM changed you as a person?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    sunnysd

Giant Killer, thanks for making me laugh! OK, I should clarify that I \”rarely\” get road rage now, as opposed to, maybe, every 5 minutes before? I have definitely not become a zen master.

To build on what Hollywood said, about not flipping out over things, I have had that experience too where I am just calmer and don’t get a \”fight\” response from everyday things.

It makes me wonder, how does Krav training compare to a court ordered anger management class? I was probably a candidate for one of those, but thankfully took up Krav before that ever became a requirement.

Anyone been to anger management or had a \”friend\” that did, and care to comment? How does it work, exactly?

giant-killer

How does Krav training compare to a court ordered anger management class? 😆 I’m not sure there is much of a comparison. We at Krav would probably tell you to let it all out and put your anger to good use to beat the attacker to a bloody pulp, the anger management people might tell you to slowly count to ten first, take a few deep breaths then assess the situation with newfound peace and tranquility in your heart. 😉

I’m not sure KM is supposed to make you less aggressive, although I suppose it can have that effect. After beating the crap out of one’s training partner, one simply is too tired to yell at that old lady with a walker to get her behind through that crosswalk NOW! 😈

I have only been doing Krav since the end of March, but in that time I realized that I am a lot calmer. I accept things that are out of my control a little better, and I rely on it as a stress reliever. If I can’t go to class (I usually go 5-6 times a week between kick fit and basic training), I feel moody and restless and miss it.

I’ve also lost 5 inches on each of my thighs, 4 on my waist, 2.5 on my hips, and 2 on my arms. (Man, okay, I can only imagine the mental picture you all have of me right now.. lol). I have a long way to go still, but Krav has helped me to stay focused on my goals, and the people that go are such a motivating force for me as well.

Jenn

karmaok

For me, I now walk with my head up and fear a lot less about what- might -happen. KM has taken a good number of years of martial arts training and focused it in something I can remember, apply, and use. Not only have I gained excellent benefits from KM but all my previous training has gained in value. I would not say new man, but certainly a better man.

karmaOK

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

I think for me to answer this question correctly I would need to define what Krav Maga means to me.

As many of you already shared its more then just the techniques learned in class. For some yes Iím sure thatís what it is. But for many itís a lifestyle choice.

Krav Maga training has many obvious benefits that others have already mentioned but for me its also an extended family and home away from home.

Theres no egos at the center, everyone is willing to share and eager to learn. My martial arts career has spanned over 30 years and I have never been with a school or a system that has more friendly out going people. The center is alive with positive energy.

No matter how hard my day was or stressful work is after going to the center I truly leave there a happier person.

Krav Maga for me is a mindset for how I lead my life.

blindfold

I haven’t changed much at all. I do notice and enjoy that I get alot more practice at something I’ve known for quiet awhile now. Plus it helps me reduce my stress from work.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: