Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics How often do you train?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    magpie

I attend 2 L2 classes and 1 L1 during the work week. On the other two days, I do a strength/cardio workout at my gym. I don’t do anything on the weekends b/c I don’t want to take any time away from my family.

Just wondering what everyone else does…

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Re: How often do you train?

The easy answer is everyday I do something.

I blew my knee out back in Dec and I’m not back at 100% yet so I take a couple classes a week including trying to take at least 1 L1.

I also do/lead warm up with my class a lot.

Then I train with CJ 3 days a week – Bas, focus pads, technique, drills

When I’m healthy I try and do more.

lennykravist

Typically I stack 1’s and 2’s on Monday and Wednesday. Tuesday is bodyweight, functional strength-type exercises while Thursdays are lifting days. Friday Saturday and Sunday I leave optional for any runs/walks with the dogs with the wife 🙂

magpie

I’ve considered stacking L1 and L2 classes, but am afraid of gassing out during the second class due to pre-exhaustion. However, maybe it might be good endurance training for a belt test…

LK, what is your lifting regimen like? And do you feel it’s helped with your KM training? I used to lift a lot but switched to a more functional/bodyweight routine because I figured endurance was more valuable than sheer strength in KM.

lennykravist

quote Magpie:

I’ve considered stacking L1 and L2 classes, but am afraid of gassing out during the second class due to pre-exhaustion. However, maybe it might be good endurance training for a belt test…

LK, what is your lifting regimen like? And do you feel it’s helped with your KM training? I used to lift a lot but switched to a more functional/bodyweight routine because I figured endurance was more valuable than sheer strength in KM.

I’ll admit, my first week or two of stacking was ROUGH. I’d be gassed 15 minutes into the 2 class, but told myself, “well **** I’m here now so I can’t quit” and powered through. Now I’m fairly used to it. Granted, there are times where Level 1 will be ground work, and then 2 will be the more advanced ground work and yeah, that sucks. But otherwise you get used to it after a week or two.

I do body-weight stuff on Tuesdays and lift (not too heavy) on Thursdays. Tuesdays are functional stype stuff that helps transition to Krav for me. Stuff like jumping burpies, walking push ups, partner medicine ball sit ups, plank hammer pulls (where I’m suspended under a bar and pull myself up), stuff like that. I also mix in bag work and “getting up” the Krav way. So that kinda stuff. On Thursdays I do some heavy lifting to build strength like benching, pull ups, lunges, core because while I want functional strength, I also actually want to be strong too. I noticed a difference, in that I feel harder and stronger. I try to be careful not to overtrain too, that’s why Friday, Saturday and Sunday I take off (save for the occasional light run with my wife and dogs).

magpie

I will have to try a (not too) heavy lifting workout on one of my gym days. While I still like my cardio workouts, I admit I don’t feel very “strong” and would like to recapture that.

quasior

I am not sure what L2/L1 classes are but this is what I do.

Twice a week we do Krav Maga which includes body conditioning/cardio 20% and technique 80% for 1.5 hrs . On Saturday morning I do a 1.5 hrs going over techniques and doing some cardio, practicing for gradings. Saturday afternoons are HEMA/WMA with full metal, for fun.

On alternative weekdays I do cardio/body conditioning for an hour. Mid week I do HEMA with synthetics… other times I am just active doing stuff and I don’t do office work. I do go over techniques outside of class.

On occasion I do HEMA on Sundays, full metal.

I do this with my family, the youngest too young for KM do karate on the same day.

lions2011

I do Krav twice per week right now. Usually combine a level 1 class with a level 4-5 class and level 2-3 class with another level 4-5 class but twice per week.

I also do Muay Thai 1-2 times per week.

I plan to try to some basic BJJ next July but been saying that the last 2 years lol

lions2011

I am thin built so I have to space out my days and even take a few days off to avoid too much pounding on my body.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: