Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics How often should I train, and how often do others usually?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    rq

Hello – I just joined my local Krav gym and so far I really like it.

I’ve been going every day so far and was wondering if I should try to go multiple times a day?

I don’t know if it’s doing too much or beneficial to go multiple times a day either, the location here offers Muay Thai, Striking class and also a ground class and I was thinking about doing 2-3 classes a day.

Just curious if 2-3 times a day is too much?

Thanks

rq

Oh … I was also wondering how long does it usually take to advance to the next level – I know it depends on your ability to take in and learn the fundamentals and techniques etc. but was just curious as to how many sessions it usually takes the average person to advance.

Thanks.

kravmdjeff

Try it one day. See how your body feels the next day. If you’re fine, then you’re fine. If you feel horrible, then maybe slow it down a bit.

rq

Thank you KravMDjeff

giant-killer

Just 2-3 times a day? You are obviously not truly addicted yet, but it’s a start… 🙂

mara-jade

It just depends on your schedule (family, work, etc). Hubby and I used to go everyday (sometimes double classes). We’ve had to slow that down but I hope to start that up again soon.

I’m doing 3-4 days a week and I switch what I do that week. One week it’ll be more KM than fitness, another week vice versa. I’m doing it to get my endurance back to where it used to be.

As for advancing to the next level, again it depends on how often you train (whether at your center or at home). Level 1 took us 3 months, Level 2 took us 6 months.

HTH 😀

rq

Re:

[quote:fed64ff0c4=\”Giant Killer\”]Just 2-3 times a day? You are obviously not truly addicted yet, but it’s a start… 🙂

😆

Oh I think I am addicted 🙂

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Couple times a day everyday with a few privates a week tossed in for good measure. And if Darrens teaching Iíll take whatever class heís doing no matter what level it is.

Pretty much if Iím not in the office or hanging with CJ Iím at Krav.

rq

Re:

[quote:fc11cf9b7b=\”CJs Dad\”]Couple times a day everyday with a few privates a week tossed in for good measure. And if Darrens teaching Iíll take whatever class heís doing no matter what level it is.

Pretty much if Iím not in the office or hanging with CJ Iím at Krav.[/quote:fc11cf9b7b]

How much do the privates cost? Just curious, haven’t asked the instructors yet, wondering what they run before I do.

giant-killer

Time to get CJ into KMX, then you can train when you spend time with him as well. 8)

I usually do about 3-4 classes in a row when I’m at the NTC, 2 on Saturdays. There’s true addiction, but RQ, you’re getting there, keep up the good work! 😀

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

CJ comes to Krav with me a few times a week. He just turned 2 so he’s got a little while to go. 😉

The goal is for him to be the youngest person ever to start.

Privates depend on the instructor some are Free some go up to $100hr or more.

giant-killer

Free privates? Sounds like a deal, where can I get it? 😀

Come on now, I’ve seen the pictures. CJ’s got that perfect stance and he’s quite a weightlifter. I say if he can walk, he can start Krav. By the time he’s 20 and cav’s size, man, we’ll all be in trouble… 8)

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

let me see if this works

giant-killer

Well, see, I knew it! CJ’s a natural. There he is, teaching the class and everyone is looking at their instructor with love and reverence. Move over Darren, CJ’s here! 😀

rq

hahaha – oh man those pics are awesome!

If I could take 3 in a row I would but they don’t offer 3 level 1 classes a day, not sure can I just take a level 2 and level 3 class without being that level? If so I will do so.

CJ looks like he’s having so much fun though! Good stuff!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: