Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Welcome Forums I am new in the Gainesville area

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    happyloaf

Hello,

I am “officially” starting on Monday in my Krav Maga training. For the last 3 years I have been training Cuong Nhu which is a great traditional style but have felt that its application to the real-world was missing. I decided to take a krav maga class at the local Karate America and was instantly hooked.

I will try and continue training both styles 2-3 times a week. This is going to be a blast. Krav Maga is a much harder workout than I anticipated; it is 1 hour of pure nonstop training. I am in good physical shape and I was winded at the end.

I do have one question. How do belts/levels work? Is there a standardized curriculum?

mara-jade

Re: I am new in the Gainesville area

Welcome to the forum!:wav:

Yes, there is a structure to the KM curriculum. Belt/levels mean the same thing here. Were you wanting to know about level progression?

The current KM book lists pretty well how long one might take progressing from one belt to the next. That is always subject to change on your part depending on how fast one learns and how much you train.thumbsup

nate2010

quote Happyloaf:

Hello,

I am “officially” starting on Monday in my Krav Maga training. For the last 3 years I have been training Cuong Nhu which is a great traditional style but have felt that its application to the real-world was missing. I decided to take a krav maga class at the local Karate America and was instantly hooked.

I will try and continue training both styles 2-3 times a week. This is going to be a blast. Krav Maga is a much harder workout than I anticipated; it is 1 hour of pure nonstop training. I am in good physical shape and I was winded at the end.

I do have one question. How do belts/levels work? Is there a standardized curriculum?

whoa!! wierd..i just posted about the gainesville area…what gym are you starting at??

happyloaf

I am starting at Karate America.

nate2010

thats the same gym i go to…have you come to any of the classes recently? ive probably seen you.

happyloaf

Yeah I was there last Wed to try it out; I had on blue shorts and an orange shirt. We might’ve met that day. I’m planning on starting officially Monday. It was great but a tiring workout.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: