Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Welcome Forums I’m confused in krav maga

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    bushwhacker

Hi i’m a new to krav maga can you guys give some things that you know about krav maga.thanks

mara-jade

Re: I’m confused in krav maga

Welcome to the forum!

What are you wanting to know? You don’t have to be in super shape at first to learn it. You don’t have to have come from a prior martial arts background (though it doesn’t hurt). You’ll be learning to defend yourself from the first class.thumbsup

bushwhacker

i just want to know , about belt ranking system ,
    etc….

kmky

There are 5 levels in Krav Maga and a Black Belt level. Level 1 = Yellow Belt, Level 2 = Orange Belt, Level 3 = Green Belt, Level 4 = Blue, Level 5 = Brown. I think that is right, we don’t make reference to belts very frequently at my school.

Hope that answers you question :):

giant-killer

Actually its: LV1 is white, LV2=yellow, LV3=orange, LV4=green, LV5=Blue and above.

mara-jade

Going by the KM book what KMKY said is right. After attaining brown belt, you have to be invited to test for black belt.:wav:

giant-killer

Well, but LV1 is where you start, so you are a white belt then. If you pass your yellow belt, you can then take LV2 classes and so on. So, during a LV1 class you are taught yellow belt material (because that’s what you will be testing for), but you are still a white belt until you pass, at which point you can then go on to the next level (LV2).

So, I suppose both is right, as in LV1 you are taught yellow belt material.

bradm

I’ll go with what GK says. My certificates read: “Level-2, Yellow Belt”, “Level-3 Orange Belt”.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Its actually pretty simple

After passing the level 1 test you are eligible to learn the level 2 material and attend level 2 classes and so on.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: