Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books I need some inspiration for a good combo.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I’m always tinkering with different combos while keeping in mind that I may have to deviate depending upon what my hypothetical opponent does. Anyway, I need some inspiration for a combo that would follow a thrust kick with my rear leg. If I’ve learned anything from Krav Maga, it’s that aggression is key to survival. So what’s the best way to go about continuing my attack after having already created some distance from a thrust kick?

I realize that some might suggest running after the distance has been created, especially if the kick is effective, but I’m looking for some options just in case. I already know how to run. So anyway, I thrust kick, and now my power leg is to the front, and I’m in a south paw stance. In addition, I’ve just created a gap of about 1-2 meters. What’s the best way to close that gap in order to attack and continue with aggression?

don

Re: I need some inspiration for a good combo.

No “best” way, just whatever is good for You in a particular situation. Unarmed, most people will have to use some sort of footwork/movement to close a gap of 1-2 meters. Your followup is going to depend on a bunch of factors and will likely be highly individual/personal.

doublestrike

Quick question: Why are you looking at ways to close the gap when you just created distance w/ a thrust kick? Presumably you were already in striking range prior to the kick.

The most obvious methods for closing the distance between you and your opponent will be another front kick and/or simply continually half-stepping forward until the desired distance is reached.

In regards to different combinations, I would continually try to apply your combos in class against an unwilling opponent. You will quickly learn what works and what doesn’t for you and against what time of aggressor.

kevinmack

I am assuming a “thrust kick” is a defensive front kick? If so…while your opponent might be pushed back a few meters while holding a pad the real effect of a DFK against someone who doesnt know it is coming is going to be much more dynamic and most likely will have your opponent on the ground.

rohanroy123
    Blocked

I am happy to find this post very useful for me, as it contains lot of information. I always prefer to read the quality content and this thing I found in you post. Thanks for sharing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: