Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Law Enforcement & Military Ineffectiveness of the ASP baton

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    double-tap

asp

the asp baton is not effective for fluid shock-striking a muscular area. it will brake bones and it will cut/tear skin.

theironman

Ineffectiveness Proven

An impact study was done and it was found that the traditional wooden straight baton had more impact force than an ASP or a side-handle (PR-24) baton. Therefore, more effectiveness per strike thus leading to less strikes required for neutralizing or incapacitating.

I had the study link in my bookmarks, but lost it after I upgraded last year. The study is about 5 years old I think. Anyway, just my 2 cents.

myside-aghh

understand

Guys, I understand where you are coming from. I have more than uses with a baton than I’d like to think about. Here is good point to remember. If bad guy is on drug, or mental then he is threat to your life. The concept of what type of baton strike on force continuum should you use has passed the assailant’s passive or agrresive resistance stage in my opninon. It is now matter of fear of your life. Break his kneew, hit im head , kill him . He was to be trying acting crazy at you…Does this not cause fear? Fear for what, ice cream,…no your life!!!!!! This is not pain compliance use of force for subject any more, the subject is now a threat to you..deadly or otherwise. Just make sure when you write report, substantiate it….Stick together.

myside-aghh

also…

Fluid shock wave is good with asp baton..and yes it will break bones. Monadnock, fiberglass’plastic or whatever i have seen shatter into 2 or 3 pieces with use of force. Especially on cold day. Stick with an asp expandable or reasonable good brand…metal hurts..good for you..bad for criminal or convict…just write it up correctly…PPCT holds up in court and medically. the monkey is on the back of manuufacturer now. Stay corteous, dont over react, don’t panic, fight well, fight hard, stay alive, write report, go home.

kravmdjeff

Freddyc, you should contact the Force Training Division of Krav Maga Worldwide…Jon Pascal and others will be able to give you some good resources on use of force issues concerning impact weapons.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: