Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    dirtyfighter

Hi every one. My name is Julian and I train with Neftali Rivera in Corona. I have been lurking on the forum for a while and training for a couple of years now. Just thought I would say hey and introduce myself. Big fan of all the posts here, and I absolutely love Krav Maga. So much so my wife and kids do it too now.

Conan quote

Dude, I don’t even know you, but I’ll buy the beer just because of the Conan quote. I used to make my Police recruits recite that before we went to the range. (Probably why I don’t teach at the Academy anymore…..)

rq

welcome df – new here myself and taking a liking to both km and the forum here 🙂

brentw

I’m with Jeremy on this one – great tag line. But for the extra bonus points – what was the previous guy’s wrong answer??

clfmak

Re: Intro

quote \”dirtyfighter\:

\”TO CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES, SEE THEM DRIVEN BEFORE YOU, AND TO HEAR THE LAMENTATION OF THEIR WOMEN!\”

Isn’t it \”Vimen\”?

Conan quote

I think it was the Asian warrior that said something about the open steppe and a falcon on his arm.

stevetuna

Hello, Julian –

Welcome to the wild world of Krav Maga. Please keep us posted on how your wife and children are liking their programs. My school recently added km-X and it has been very well received.

I wish you and your family great success in your training!

mara-jade

Welcome Julian!

One big happy KM family – awesome:D. I recently got to see one of my center’s KMX programs. Man, those look fun. One session the kids were playing mock baseball by using elbow #1 to HIT..That was cool. I asked our head instructor Pete if we could get warms ups like that?:rolleyes:

mdclxi

It’s actually a quote from Temujin or Genghis Khan if you like. The original quote is “The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters.” The line in the Conan movie came from a book by Harold Lamb who paraphrased it as, “To crush your enemies, to see them fall at your feet; to take their horses and goods and hear the lamentation of their women. That is best.” Just a little random trivia. :]

vwr32

Conan scene: What is best in life?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V30tyaXv6EI

quote mdclxi:

It’s actually a quote from Temujin or Genghis Khan if you like. The original quote is “The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters.” The line in the Conan movie came from a book by Harold Lamb who paraphrased it as, “To crush your enemies, to see them fall at your feet; to take their horses and goods and hear the lamentation of their women. That is best.” Just a little random trivia. :]

Damn!!! That’s some good research! My hat’s off to you! thumbsup

mdclxi

Thank you, thank you. I’m a bit of a movie trivia buff. Head crammed full of useless knowledge and all that.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: