Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Is it just me or is the website acting really weird….

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    seeq-qc

Hey guys…

What happened? Did i miss something?

The most recent post dates are back in March?? :dunno:

Posts after that date aren’t available even in profiles?? :dunno:

Can one of the admins comment on it?

Thanks!

CQC

resqr1

Re: Is it just me or is the website acting really weird….

Must have crashed. I’ve been trying to get on all day and got varying website failure messages.

seeq-qc

I was trying to access the forums yesterday evening and it was all kinds of messed up…

I finally got in today and i got that “you haven’t posted in a while” message and i know i just posted a few things a couple of days ago…

Looks like we may have lost 2 months of community contributions…all that new fangled technology always letting ya down :thunbsdown:

admin-d45
    Keymaster

Site was attacked by a hacker, had to upload the last back up of the forums and rebuild them.

jjbklb

What is the recommended krav defense against a hacker?

kvmorl

quote Admin:

Site was attacked by a hacker, had to upload the last back up of the forums and rebuild them.

Might consider looking for other hosted n managed services, 1&1 maybe? PHP/vBulletin have constant updates. Regularly hire a “pen tester” to uncover holes before they do. Until caught (unlikely) or too much work, hacker will continue to exploit.

bradm

Ahh, that explains it. Why I couldn’t gain access to the forum while I was out of town using my laptop. I thought it was due to my “free Wi Fi” at the hotel.

russell

quote jjbklb:

What is the recommended krav defense against a hacker?

i would say a groin kick from all the regular posters would be the punishment

seeq-qc

quote Admin:

Thanks for the explanation. The reality is unless you’re running a big dollar mission-critical enterprise-level database with a internet front door, most site operators don’t give a ton of thought to the possibility that a malicious intrusion/attack could happen to them.

Perhaps backups could be set for every 30 days or less, or partition your back-up system to run a “mirror” copy of the forum…both are inexpensive back-up methods that can be put in place in addition to hardening your defenses.

I’m no expert so others will be better versed on the subject.

My vote is 360 defense with counter punch to face, knees to gut, throat strike and hammerfist. thumbsup

ryf109

It looks good to me.

mara-jade

Oh MAN!! No wonder I saw this weird notice

Hello mara_jade, it appears that you have not posted on our forums in some time, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

This so bites:(: Oh phew..still have my post count-about 50 off but at least I’m still here:wav:

kvmorl

quote seeq_QC:

Thanks for the explanation. The reality is unless you’re running a big dollar mission-critical enterprise-level database with a internet front door, most site operators don’t give a ton of thought to the possibility that a malicious intrusion/attack could happen to them.

Perhaps backups could be set for every 30 days or less, or partition your back-up system to run a “mirror” copy of the forum…both are inexpensive back-up methods that can be put in place in addition to hardening your defenses.

I’m no expert so others will be better versed on the subject.

My vote is 360 defense with counter punch to face, knees to gut, throat strike and hammerfist. thumbsup

Back up interval 30 or even 15 days good idea. But hiring someone or adding the task to the admin to manage at least the constant patching of vBulletin and MySql would really help.

Krav Solution= Groin kick>Head but>3 hard right elbows>knee>head stomp once on ground.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: