Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    bones

Hello all,

Last month I was in Israel touring and training for 10 days. If any one is interested the following link is a slide show documenting our adventure:

http://www.vimeo.com/3049788

Shalom

rd672

Re: Israel

Nice pics

michaelmall

Hey was that a desert eagle?

bones

Thank you rd672. Yes Michaelmall it was a 50 cal Desert Eagle. Price was 10 dollars (American) a round so I only purchased one shot. I dont shoot much so I was very nervous. Needless to say it kicked like a Mule! Much fun.

b0123

Hy Bones,

great pics!
    I’ve been thinking about going on one of these touring and training trips for some time now. Unfortunately the next trip is planned when I still have to go to school. Can you tell me a bit more about the level of training. I’m currently P1 (hoping to become P2 in March) What level did you have when you went, and how much did you learn? If I’m not mistaken you do not get the opportunity to advance to a higher level at the end right?? Also what was the organisation of the whole trip like?

thanks in advance!

b0123

bones

quote b0123:

Hy Bones,

great pics!
    I’ve been thinking about going on one of these touring and training trips for some time now. Unfortunately the next trip is planned when I still have to go to school. Can you tell me a bit more about the level of training. I’m currently P1 (hoping to become P2 in March) What level did you have when you went, and how much did you learn? If I’m not mistaken you do not get the opportunity to advance to a higher level at the end right?? Also what was the organisation of the whole trip like?

thanks in advance!

b0123

Hey bo123

Thanks for the response. First of all for any one that reads my writings please do not get the wrong idea. I am going to use specific terms and words that may refer to different Krav Maga organizations because they are specific to the conversation here. I am not into politics, flaming or comparing whoís better at what. I am into having fun, new experiences, making friends and Krav Maga.

With that said the I.K.M.F put on a highly organized Training and Touring event. Communication with Merav pre event was excellent. If I had a question, any question ranging from ìcan I wear shoes on the mats?” toî what are the currency rates of the Shekel? ìShe answered my emails promptly and politely. Merav also asked my permission to give my email to another participant who lives in Holland. She said he and I would be arriving in Tel Aviv at approx. the same time thus we could share a cab to the hotel.

I am glad she connected me with my new friend in Holland because we shared the cab and saved 30 shekels! I also made a friend for life in fact he dominates half of the video LOL. All of the instructors Eyal, Tamir, Amnon, Ze’ev and Shimon were outstanding!

The first day of training we all met in a conference room in the hotel and Eyal gave us a verbal and written itinerary of the next ten days. His schedule was followed to the tee. On our first day of training the Islamo fascists Hezbollah started their missile attacks on Israel so the only scheduled event we missed was a visit to a police station. I want to emphasize I felt very secure in Israel even amongst the turmoil of war.

The hotel was adequate but the view of Netanya beach and her sunsets were spectacular! We had an armed guard at the hotel who packed a 9mm Jericho.

The experience level of the participants ranged from zero martial arts training to a black belt in BJJ and Judo. From my observations Eyal and the other instructors structured the training so you were paired with some one of equal height, weight Proportion to M.A. experience. Their attention to this important detail led to a safe and sane experience for all. You do not advance levels at the end of this event.

I attended the 2006 summer camp at the K.M.N.T.C, trained with Dana Kaplan in La Jolla but the majority of my Krav Maga has been from BrandX Martial arts in Ramona with Jeff Martin and Big Jim Radzik. BrandX is an excellent organization where the owners and all the staff have the highest levels of integrity and MA knowledge. The ten days that I spent in Israel with Eyal and his crew was the most diverse and technically based training I have learned. I will hold my experiences from Israel in my heart for the rest of my life.

b0123

quote Bones:

Hey bo123

Thanks for the response. First of all for any one that reads my writings please do not get the wrong idea. I am going to use specific terms and words that may refer to different Krav Maga organizations because they are specific to the conversation here. I am not into politics, flaming or comparing whoís better at what. I am into having fun, new experiences, making friends and Krav Maga.

With that said the I.K.M.F put on a highly organized Training and Touring event. Communication with Merav pre event was excellent. If I had a question, any question ranging from ìcan I wear shoes on the mats?” toî what are the currency rates of the Shekel? ìShe answered my emails promptly and politely. Merav also asked my permission to give my email to another participant who lives in Holland. She said he and I would be arriving in Tel Aviv at approx. the same time thus we could share a cab to the hotel.

I am glad she connected me with my new friend in Holland because we shared the cab and saved 30 shekels! I also made a friend for life in fact he dominates half of the video LOL. All of the instructors Eyal, Tamir, Amnon, Ze’ev and Shimon were outstanding!

The first day of training we all met in a conference room in the hotel and Eyal gave us a verbal and written itinerary of the next ten days. His schedule was followed to the tee. On our first day of training the Islamo fascists Hezbollah started their missile attacks on Israel so the only scheduled event we missed was a visit to a police station. I want to emphasize I felt very secure in Israel even amongst the turmoil of war.

The hotel was adequate but the view of Netanya beach and her sunsets were spectacular! We had an armed guard at the hotel who packed a 9mm Jericho.

The experience level of the participants ranged from zero martial arts training to a black belt in BJJ and Judo. From my observations Eyal and the other instructors structured the training so you were paired with some one of equal height, weight Proportion to M.A. experience. Their attention to this important detail led to a safe and sane experience for all. You do not advance levels at the end of this event.

I attended the 2006 summer camp at the K.M.N.T.C, trained with Dana Kaplan in La Jolla but the majority of my Krav Maga has been from BrandX Martial arts in Ramona with Jeff Martin and Big Jim Radzik. BrandX is an excellent organization where the owners and all the staff have the highest levels of integrity and MA knowledge. The ten days that I spent in Israel with Eyal and his crew was the most diverse and technically based training I have learned. I will hold my experiences from Israel in my heart for the rest of my life.

Hi Bones,

Thanks for you reply, I’m definetly thinking about going on one of these trips as soon as I get the chance. I have been fortunate enough to participate in a seminar with Amnon Darsa, as you probably experienced he is very knowledgeble and proficient as well as great fun to “work” with.

Could you give me some details about the financial side of the trip. I know it is 1200 Euro’s to participate but are their any additional costs involved. You already mentioned that you have to pay extra on the shooting range but I was wondering about the costs of living overthere. You don’t have to go into specifics ofcourse. Just a general idea would be great!

Also, it is very good to hear that you felt safe during the whole trip. This also was a little bit of a concern for me.

thanks again,

B0123

bones

quote b0123:

Hi Bones,

Thanks for you reply, I’m definetly thinking about going on one of these trips as soon as I get the chance. I have been fortunate enough to participate in a seminar with Amnon Darsa, as you probably experienced he is very knowledgeble and proficient as well as great fun to “work” with.

Could you give me some details about the financial side of the trip. I know it is 1200 Euro’s to participate but are their any additional costs involved. You already mentioned that you have to pay extra on the shooting range but I was wondering about the costs of living overthere. You don’t have to go into specifics ofcourse. Just a general idea would be great!

Also, it is very good to hear that you felt safe during the whole trip. This also was a little bit of a concern for me.

thanks again,

B0123

Hello again B0123,

Its funny you should ask. After my experiences in Israel I asked Eyal these same questions. If I remember correctly He told me “you cannot import your vehicle from your location. You must purchase another vehicle once you arrive to Israel.” The price of a used car is double that of a car in the States. I saw many 50cc scooters on the streets of Netanya.

Eyal also told me the only ways that he knows of for one to move to Israel is “you should be Jewish or have a Jewish spouse or have gainful employment already established in Israel.” He also suggested talking to my embassy to see if they had any other ideas. You can rely on public transportation which is excellent but do not ride the train on the weekend. The train is PACKED with soldiers and it is barley standing room only.

One of the major complaints that I heard from the European participants was the costs of living were too high. Also you are probably aware that the Euro has a much higher exchange rate than the American dollar. The only additional costs during the trip were souvenirs, food (other than breakfast), and ammunition. I spent a good amount of money on clothing at Gabi Noahís gym in Netanya. His Krav gear was reasonably priced. Mr. Noah is very easy going, personable and has a quick smile. The hotel provided an inclusive healthy all you can eat breakfast. We were assured the water was safe to drink but we all purchased bottled water which was reasonably priced.

Hope this helps.

b0123

quote Bones:

Hello again B0123,

Its funny you should ask. After my experiences in Israel I asked Eyal these same questions. If I remember correctly He told me “you cannot import your vehicle from your location. You must purchase another vehicle once you arrive to Israel.” The price of a used car is double that of a car in the States. I saw many 50cc scooters on the streets of Netanya.

Eyal also told me the only ways that he knows of for one to move to Israel is “you should be Jewish or have a Jewish spouse or have gainful employment already established in Israel.” He also suggested talking to my embassy to see if they had any other ideas. You can rely on public transportation which is excellent but do not ride the train on the weekend. The train is PACKED with soldiers and it is barley standing room only.

One of the major complaints that I heard from the European participants was the costs of living were too high. Also you are probably aware that the Euro has a much higher exchange rate than the American dollar. The only additional costs during the trip were souvenirs, food (other than breakfast), and ammunition. I spent a good amount of money on clothing at Gabi Noahís gym in Netanya. His Krav gear was reasonably priced. Mr. Noah is very easy going, personable and has a quick smile. The hotel provided an inclusive healthy all you can eat breakfast. We were assured the water was safe to drink but we all purchased bottled water which was reasonably priced.

Hope this helps.

your info is very helpfull but I’m definetely not thinking about moving to Israel haha. I was just curious about any aditional costs during the trip.

thanks again,

b0123

kirsten

Your trip looks like it was an awesome experience! I am glad you made it home safely and enjoyed your time there. I know that Sam has taken KM students to training trips. I am not sure when the next one is planned…

I am slightly hijacking here… hang on but this thread reminds me of one of the reasons why I love KMWW. I just have to say how great I think it is that this forum remains open to all KM styles and users so long as the posts are productive and positive… I can’t even get that from my motorcycle forums! If your a HD rider, don’t post on the sport bike forum, if your an adventure rider, don’t post on the chopper thread.. blah blah.

I want to say thank you to KMWW for funding the forum for everyone to use from all the different organizations and thanks to CJ’s Dad for doing admin work and keeping it running for us. Kudos guys!

bones

Hello Kristen. For some reason Vimeo deleted my vid and moved it to this page: http://www.vimeo.com/3129385

Cheers

kirsten

weird.. well thankfully I watched it right when you first posted it… you did a really good job of editing it all together!

bones

Hi Kristen. Thank you, the editing process was almost as fun as the trip itself.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: