Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Israeli Paratrooper Bag

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I know this is off-topic and from looking on the internet for the Israeli Paratrooper Bag, there are no photos of what it looks like inside.

It seems that the Israeli paratrooper bag was made for messengers with paperwork in it and I was thinking of using the bag for weekend camp-outs. Have some clothes, small snacks and things like that in the bag and go have fun camping.

Is the Israeli paratrooper bag a good camping out bag ?

vwr32

Re: Israeli Paratrooper Bag

quote \”JewishFitness1976\:

It seems that the Israeli paratrooper bag was made for messengers with paperwork in it and I was thinking of using the bag for weekend camp-outs. Have some clothes, small snacks and things like that in the bag and go have fun camping.

Is the Israeli paratrooper bag a good camping out bag ?

I do a lot of hiking in the winter months, and this isn’t a bag I would ever consider using. There are a lot of bags better designed for going camping or hiking (with double shoulder straps, lighter weight material, external clips/pouches for haning things like flashlights or canteens). If all you plan to do is take it from car to picnic table or tent, a plastic grocery bag would work. But if you’re looking for an excuse to buy an Israeli Paratrooper Bag, I’m guessing you could make it work. 😀

There’s the Israeli Mossad Tactical Backpack if you’re determined to buy something Israeli military. But even that is larger than something I’d buy for simply camping or hiking. Would be great for backpacking tho.

The Israeli Mossad Tactical Backpack looks much like the USGI duffel bag.

I hadn’t thought about how heavy a bag would be because I carry light for the weekend camp-outs with just a change of clothes and a few things etc.

I found something that may work and is Made in Israel. I want to support the Israeli economcy as much as I can. It is the least I can do for my Jewish brothers and sisters overseas living on an everyday daily basis with dangers in Israel. I am a Jewish American and love to hike and camp out.

TSABARI’S backpacks and accessories are made with the finest materials and are made to last! This small company, based in the Judean Hills, is known for it’s professional products for serious hiking enthusiasts, rangers and the Israeli military. Environmentally sensitive, ergonomically correct and very affordable!

TSABARI’S PACKS ALL COME WITH A LIFETIME WARRANTY.

http://www.israeliproducts.com/page/IP/CTGY/Tsabaris

vwr32

Re:

quote \”JewishFitness1976\:

TSABARI’S backpacks and accessories are made with the finest materials and are made to last! This small company, based in the Judean Hills, is known for it’s professional products for serious hiking enthusiasts, rangers and the Israeli military. Environmentally sensitive, ergonomically correct and very affordable!

TSABARI’S PACKS ALL COME WITH A LIFETIME WARRANTY.

I could almost hear Rod Roddy from The Price is Right announcing that.

Unfortunately, they didn’t have anything I liked.

I carry something called a \”lumbar pack\”. It has a shoulder strap that goes over your head and across the shoulder. A padded belt around the waist keeps the weight off your shoulders when hiking, and keeps the bag from swinging around or bouncing on rough trails. I carry my camera stuff in there so am always needing to access it. All I have to do is unfasten the waist strap and the bag can swing to my front via the shoulder strap. With a traditional backpack, you’ll be taking the thing off everytime you need something out of there.

Lots of different companies make similar items, but this is the one I have. Mesh side pockets for water bottles, compression straps on the bottom, separate inner zippered compartment for smaller items. Mine is red, but it’s the same model. Have had it a long time, and it’s been thru some very rough terrain. Not even a tear yet.

http://www.backcountrygear.com/catalog/packdetail.cfm/MS5008

Granted, it’s not going to make anyone in israel happy.

veganmark

Oh, you can get them in most army/navy surplus stores. I had one that I brought back to the U.S. after my service in the IDF. They are standard military issue. However, it didn’t last very long and I found one in an army surplus store. They are basically a should briefcase made of canvas.

veganmark
    kravjeff

Look around here a bit:

http://www.maxpedition.com/

You’re sure to find something you like … I found several and can’t decide!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: