Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Krav Maga Videos Karate or Krav Maga?

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    unstpabl1

Re: Karate or Krav Maga?

quote BradM:

ATA Taekwondo has been teaching cane for several years now. When I trained in ATA TKD, if I remember correctly, the cane was taught to 4th Degree Blackbelts. The ATA has started teaching weapons at a much lower level, so the cane may be taught at a lower lever too. I don’t know.

I’d seen cane in older tKD schools that taught hapkido as well or were old school not olympic focused

maddogmean

Whatever the style… I’m just glad that they’re learning to defend themselves. I saw a story on how rape is a big problem in Africa because of tribal warfare and even worse: people think that having sex with a virgin will cure them of AIDS.

It has always been my belief that every woman needs to at least learn basic self defense. I try to convince women I know to at least participate in a seminar but many don’t think it will ever happen to them.

jstrauss

FYI about the earlier “rhino defense:” while I haven’t yet heard it explained in any of my KMWW classes, it is a KM defense for a hook or haymaker described by David Kahn of the IKMA in his book Krav Maga: An Essential Guide to the Renowned Method.

Anonymous

francokrav here , just an invite to cheak out the full rino defence of which you talkabout . it is in my striking techniques post

take a look the rape defence my wife and i have made .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o9YSVBvaug

it is important to get the anti rape message out to people .

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: