Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics KM in Philadelphia, PA

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    mpossoff

Hi all,

I’m new to this group and am interested in taking KJrav Maga in Philadelphia, PA.

Would like some input on the school as far as quality and reality of training. I have been hearing that not all schools are created equal.

The school is Krav Maga PA, Premier School of Martial Arts.

The school is run by Ernie Kirk.

I want realistic training in self defense, sparring, etc.

Does Krav Maga PA teach the \”real\” thing?

Thanks!

Marc

la-revancha

Indeed, all Krav schools are not created equal, but few compare to the level of instruction at KMPA.

Ernie is legit. One of the first american-trained Krav Black Belts. I’m a devout disciple. His Blue Belt test was one of the hardest endeavors I have ever undertaken.

KMPA is the real deal; take it from another Krav Instructor. But if you want to find out for yourself, simply ask Ernie to go a few rounds.

Saludos to all my PA peoples!

ro

Ernie’s a great guy. I had the privlidge of going through my first phase training with him and Darren as my instructors.
    I love the fact that he is so well rounded and willing to go at it. He’s a good boxer good on the ground, great with the KM and an all around great guy.

anonymous

I saw Ernie some time ago, training at the NTC and he looked good, especially his fighting (I think he probably has Black Belts in other systems, too?).

However, calling him one of the \”first American-trained Black Belts\” is a bit misleading in my opinion. Those would have to be guys like John Whitman, Jarret, Jon Pascal, Michael and others as well as ladies such as Marnie and Chantel (who hasn’t been at the NTC in a long time). They all got their BB’s about 8-10 years ago, Ernie got his 3 years ago.

So, I bet he is good, but not necessarily one of the first.

mpossoff

Hi folks,

What can I expect from training in KM?

Why I want to train?

To defend myself and my family is necessary.

I often get into confrontations when walking to the parking lot at night from work. Got mugged once.

As far as protecting my wife and kids… Was in a situation when someone bumped into me at a park. He wanted to start a fight and swung at me.

Situations like that. Not to look for a fight, but to protect.

Marc

anonymous

In LV1 you’ll be learning punches, kicks, elbows, defenses against those and defenses against unarmed attacks, such as chokes from different angles and bear hugs. Weapons defenses (against knife, stick and gun) will come later, in LV3.

But how come you are getting into so many confrontations? Do you just work in a scary neighborhood? Maybe there are lifestyle changes you could make, to avoid some of the confrontations you are describing? If that’s possible, it would be another thing to think about in addition to the Krav Maga training.

la-revancha

\”One of the first american-trained Krav Black Belts outside of SoCal.\”

I forgot to add the SoCal part.

Marc, the best thing to do is to go down there and try out a class. Chat with some of the instructors and get their perspective. I’ve trained and sparred with a few of their instructors; you can expect quality if they are part of Ernie’s crew.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

ernie-kirk

Marc,

Feel free to give me a call at the Philadelphia location 215-462-1134 or just stop in and try out a class.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
    Ernie Kirk

anonymous

Re:

quote \”Ernie Kirk\:

Marc,

Feel free to give me a call at the Philadelphia location 215-462-1134 or just stop in and try out a class.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
    Ernie Kirk

Do you or have you trained with Allan Feldman? Didn’t he used to be in Krav PA?

ryan

Ernie doesn’t look in here much, but I know he’s worked with Allan on many occasions.

Anyone in the Philly area should definitely check out Ernie’s schools.

anonymous

Alan

Alan does his own thing but he is friends with Ernie.We train in Newtown,PA twice a week(tues-thurs).I think he is listed on the locations part of this site.
    Here is his bio:
    Alan Feldman (senior blackbelt) is one the original martial arts instructors who received a scholarship to train in Israel in an intensive program to harvest American instructors. Alan began teaching krav maga in the Philadelphia area in 1981. Alan is certified by the ministry of education in Israel and is one of the highest ranking American instructors. Training directly under krav maga founder, Imi Lichtenfeld, and his top ranked instructors, Alan has taught thousands of civilians in numerous schools, colleges, organizations, and agencies in addition to founding the first privately owned krav maga school. A member of the Israeli Krav Maga Association and recognized as a senior black belt instructor, Alan is committed to the proper expansion of the system in the U.S. and around the world and has qualified several American instructors. Over the years Alan was featured in many publications and was most recently interviewed by NBC Channel 3 News, Philadelphia .

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: