Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge KMish third party defense during Condoleezza Rice incident

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    giant-killer

A few days ago, on the news, they showed this video of Condoleezza Rice being confronted by a female protester with bloody hands. The woman was somehow able to get very close to Condi, waving the bloody hands right in her face.

Now, first of all, seems like a huge breach in security. If teh protester had had a gun, knife, or even something more trivial, such as scissors or even a pen, she could have rammed it right into Condi’s throat/neck. Or, if she had been crazy enough, she could have bit her in the neck or something. Or the fake blood could have been toxic.

Anyway, once the security guy got there several seconds later, he seemed to do a KM-style third party defense. He was a few steps behind Condi, on her left and he used his right arm to propel himself forward and then grab one of the bloody hands with his left, as if it were a gun. Then he finally whisked the woman away.

So, was that a KM defense? Do we train Secret Service, or do they use similar defenses? Unfortunately, I don’t have a video, but maybe someone else saw it.

vwr32
    giant-killer

Cool, that’s it. 😀

tyler-capone

I think your reading too much into it…it just looks as if he is pushing the one woman out of the way and grabs the assailant.

giant-killer

Yeah, but that’s how the KM defense is done if the defender is about a step behind, on the principal’s left side. Grab the shoulder to propel yourself forward, then grab the weapon with your left hand and redirect. In this case, the defender grabbed the protester’s hand and because she wasn’t actually holding anything threatening, he did not punch her, but just whisked her away. Don’t know, just looked KMish to me, although it may not have been officially KM.

tyler-capone

if you look closely he doesnt even use his hand to propel himself..he uses his forearm to nudge the woman aside

tyler-capone

and after looking at it again he barely does that…he just barrels through her while raising his hands.

giant-killer

Still, looks sort of similar to me, but maybe not exactly.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: