Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Welcome Forums Krav and the OOSOFSBNA?

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    leam

Re: Krav and the OOSOFSBNA?

Life is good! I’m walking more and by the New Year I hope to be stable enough to return to class. In the interim I get to read about CrossFit and start the ButterCup level workouts. Still not sure about the Zone diet yet, but in good time perhaps.

With the discussion about becoming an instructor mostly quiet, I wanted to add a few closing comments without, hopefully, stirring the pot. This wasn’t the first Krav website and discussion area I looked at, but after some study it is the most actively useful and generally the friendliest. Folks here tend to be clear writers and though a bit blunt occasionally, no one has gotten stupid. We are discussing a contact activity, sometimes our egos make contact too. It’s a part of life.

While we agree to express our opinions, we probably don’t all share them. Such is the case with any training partners I happen to have. If you train with me and you see me doing something stupid, feel free to say so. The instructor, no matter how good, cannot focus on every student at all times. The early stages of learning a bad habit, like dropping my hands or opening my elbows, is when I want to fix it. Not after it’s ingrained at the sub-conscious level.

Ryan’s scheduling of an Instructor apprenticeship seemed like an opportune time to challenge myself to learn the proper techniques so that I could return good feedback to my training partners. That way the improvement wouldn’t be one sided. I really wasn’t aware of the cardio requirements to be an instructor, nor am I aware of the proper level requirements. It was a good idea for a goal but didn’t work out. I’m setting my next goals and have started working on them.

Part of the final stages of my goal setting will be discussing them with Ryan. You may correctly assume Krav is on my goal list for 2008! When I walked into Ryan’s school I did a lot of observing. His body language, the demeanor of the kids who were in class, how the staff treated each other and people off the street, the state of the facility and non-workout areas, parking, lighting, language used, student attentiveness, and parental perceptions of how the kids were being handled. I had already studied Ryan’s on-line “personality”, and his school reinforced my first thoughts, that this could be a positive experience. That has held through the classes I’ve taken as well as the ones I’ve observed.

I’m having fun here, and learning. Look forward to more of both in 2008!

Leam

unstpabl1

Good Luck Leam:D: Heal up right and quick

mike

leam

Mrs. Claus was paying attention! Wrist tapes, dumbells, 16oz gloves, the classic “Stretching” book, jump rope, and a punching bag. thumbsup

I can never complain about being married…at least to this one…

Leam

guerriere

YAY! I hope you didn’t give her a toaster!

unstpabl1

quote leam:

Mrs. Claus was paying attention! Wrist tapes, dumbells, 16oz gloves, the classic “Stretching” book, jump rope, and a punching bag. thumbsup

I can never complain about being married…at least to this one…

Leam

Think she’s trying to tell you something:dunno: Buy her a gym membership for your anniversery. Sit back and watch the funrofl2But least she bought you stuff you can play with, Not crap you gotta wear:beer:

Sounds like a great xmas to me. Hope you both have a great New Year

leam

I’m hoping th emessage is “get healthy so we can enjoy life together” and not “How much does insurance pay if you keel over?” rofl2

Leam

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: