Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Locations Krav in Tulsa

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    beatmetoit

I’m looking to get into Krav. The only school that shows up in my area is the one taught by Kent Stockstill, and it appears the school is now defunct. The website hasn’t been updated in about a year. Is there another place near Tulsa that features either Krav or a similar style?

boxer1176

Beatmetoit,

Krav Maga is alive and well in Tulsa. Kent recently moved his school and is now located at East 3rd and Lansing (off downtown Tulsa). You can contact him via his cell phone which is listed on his website – kravtulsa.com. Hope this helps.

matthew9v9

Re: Krav in Tulsa

Any idea if Kent incorporates ground work into his classes at all?

mara-jade

Hi folks!:wav:

Just wanted to welcome y’all to the forum. Sorry I missed y’all but I usually see new people post in the welcome section:D.

kmtakinkm

Yes we do ground work. In addition to being a 4th Degree BB in TKD he also has extensive training in BJJ.

I assume the next question is how much. That depends on his class make up. If he has a majority of experienced people we tend to do it more often that if we have a large group of folks who need the basics. He is also ok with taking a few minutes after class and working on the ground, either with him or a partner, which I like to do when I have the time. Kent is very good a talking us through moves and counter moves as we ground and pound….

All in all I think we do “enough” but could probably do more.

Come on out and give it a try.You’ll find Kent and excellent instructor.

beatmetoit

Would his class be appropriate for a complete beginner to martial arts who is out of shape and trying to get back in shape? Or should I start somewhere else until I am in better shape and have a basic rooting in martial arts?

Also, how do you get in contact with Kent to find out more about the school?

kmtakinkm

It is appropriate for beginners and folks not in great shape. As a matter of fact, it is a great way to get back in shape while learning Krav. Plus, most of the students started in less than optimum shape.

The rule is you go as hard as you can until you have to stop and then just stop and take a break. This is not the military and Kent will not force you to go farther than you want. The big motivation seems to be peer pressure… and it works.

Call Kent on his cell phone at (918) 402-5300. He can explain more and give you directions to the location.

beatmetoit

I still have been unable to get in contact with Kent, and I noticed when I was downtown that where the school used to be now seems to be another business. Did he close the school down or movie it again?

kmtakinkm

His new location is on 3rd street between Lansing and Kenosha. It about 100 yards to the west of Lansing on 3rd. The building is oin the north side of the street and has a pink paint job as the last owner had a pet emporium and fixing inside is more important that painting right now – but the joke potential is great.. to a point hahah!!!

Not sure where your coming from but take the 1st Street exit off of I -244 take the first left onto Lansing (it sneaks up on you so be aware) go two blocks; turn right on 3rd and look right. Here is a googel map link. http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

He is on fire duty today (Monday 28th). His class schedule this week (1-28) is Tues, Wed, Sat. Next week (2-4) Mon, Tues, Thurs.

Keep trying his cell phone. But come on out you don’t need to call, just show up. You can watch or try a little work out.

travelgirl

Is he still off of 3rd? I googled Krav and got 2 responses. 1 was Kent, but no phone, the other Krav Maga of Tulsa apparently is no longer because the phone listed was a residence, and the guy was a little annoyed, so apparently he gets quite a few calls!!! I havent called the cell phone number yet though, just wanted to make sure it was his….Also are the classes offered later in the day? I work until 630p M-F, so that makes it a little more difficult. Any info greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    L

kmtakinkm

Travelgirl – Yes that is his cell number and he is still on 3rd St. His classes are a 7 pm and he also has classes at 9 am on Sat.

Hope to see you there.

travelgirl

Thanks much…..

erickm

Are these classes still going? I will be traveling to Tulsa for the week and would like to train while i’m there. What days and times are the classes?

kmtakinkm

The classes are scheduled depending on Kent’s work at the fire department, on 24 off 48 hours. For the week of Dec 15 classes are Tuesday, Wed at 7 pm and Sat at 9 am (no class on Fri).

dova80

Looking at getting into this, but cant seem to hit the times when people are there..

Could someone send me a PM or post to say what the cost is and how the cost is set up? Also is there any need for special equipment? What kind of dress is required(recommend)?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 97 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: