Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Locations Krav in Tulsa

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    haimzut

Re: Krav in Tulsa

Awkward. Sorry KM. Still appreciate all the help. Maybe you can hit the pads real hard next time we are there and make me feel some pain.

kmtakinkm

No worries. I was there Wed. Good workout. Glad you enjoyed the class. Kent is the best.

oilsooner

I see there is a new Tulsa Krav Maga group on facebook. Does anyone know if they are associated with Kent? The group is purekravmagatulsa. They claim they are starting classes on Jan 1. I want to get started, but want to make sure I am starting with a group that knows what they are doing, and it appears Kent does. Anyway, just wondering if anyone has any info on this. Thanks!

kmtakinkm

Not sure about the new group. Kent is associted with KMWW and I can assure you Kent knows what he is doing. Come and try out a class.

oilsooner

Yeah, they aren’t associated with Kent. I spoke to them since I posted.

KM – check your PMs (or post the current schedule). I haven’t been able to get a hold of Kent. Thanks!

kmtakinkm

Oil Sooner – sent you a message from the PM.

Is the new Krav group associated with KMWW? Also where is their location?

thx

costabro

Ok, guys. When and what time are they meeting up in December? I’ve been looking for this place for well over a year, stopped by a couple of times, haven’t gotten a response back from the phone number posted, and haven’t found any info in the window or door of the gym.

costabro

Nevermind. Thanks, KM.

jtoneal

I took part in a Krav Maga introductory class today at Crossfit Bellator (Bixby) instructed by Dr. Jay Ferraro and Sensei Pacer. They are hosting a series of one-day intensive bootcamp-style Krav Maga classes in the near future. The first of these is coming up on January 19, 2013 from 12:00 p.m. To 6:00 p.m. It doesn’t sound like there are any plans to open a traditional school, but Sensei Pacer is offering private and group training sessions in conjunction with his other martial arts training classes. There are also talks of bringing a periodic group class to Crossfit Bellator. Today was my first exposure to Krav Maga, so I don’t know much more, but for more info, contact Dr. Ferraro at 918-744-7025, [email protected]. His Krav Maga website is going live within the next week.

Hope that helps…

kmtakinkm

Know Jay and Pacer. Jay and Pacer both have extensive background in Aikido and are very good at teaching that form. I liked combining Krav with Aikido because of Aikido’s extensive use of joint locks.

Jay has been doing Krav for ~10 yrs. IMHO I am not sure how “qualified” he is to teach Krav, although heard he was getting an advanced belt on Commando Krav. As far as I know Pacer has no background in Krav other than what Jay has taught him.

That said you’ll learn a great deal of self defense from them but not sure if I would call it Krav in the purest sense of the Krav most on this forum know.

Good luck.

izzy

Is the Krav Maga class in Tulsa setup to be instructional for beginners, specifically my wife?

kmtakinkm

Yes. Kent will treat beginners very good. There are a couple of other women that attend as well.

kmtakinkm

Kent’s Jan. sachedule

Here is the KRAV January 2013 Class Schedule.

January 2013
    Thursday – 3rd
    Wednesday – 9th
    Thursday – 10th
    Tuesday – 15th
    Wednesday – 16th
    Tuesday – 22nd
    Thursday – 24th
    Wednesday – 30th
    Thursday – 31st

haimzut

KM I went to a couple of classes but I was never sent an email of the schedule. I am trying to get the new schedule for February. Can you post that? Also I tried to go to the last 2 classes that were posted, but it seemed that they were both cancelled. Is there anyway to convince Kent to post on here or somewhere else when he cancels a class?

kmtakinkm

He injured his knee and canceled the last 2 weeks. I will talk to him and see if there is a way to get him to post. His girlfriend, Jill, sends out emails when class is canceled. If you go to clase give her your email and she’ll add you to the list.

If I get a cancellation email I’ll try to post. But sometimes the emails do not come until 5pm or so and class is at 5:30.

My guess on the schedule is
    Feb 5,6,12,14,20,21,26, & 27.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 97 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: