Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Krav Maga and CrossFit

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    garddawg

Re: Krav Maga and CrossFit

She has written a couple of articles for us. She is a heck of a young lady. Very smart and very tough.

I have some vid of my son competing. I’ll be posting in the next couple of days. He does the workout next to an NFL lineman. Funny to watch a 150 pound kid cleaning 155 next to a man weighing 300.

unstpabl1

I’m counting watching that girls workout as my WOD. I need a nap

freelancer

Just wanted to chime in here and say that having been doing Crossfit for a little over a month now I am so happy that I found it (Thanks to Garddawg). This is the kind of workout that I’ve been looking for.

For me it was easy to get complacent with my workouts at home. With Crossfit it’s something new every day and I now have goals that I can forsee far into the future as far as my fitness level is concerned. The short (sometimes) intense workouts keep me winded most of the time and I feel muscles being conditioned that I never felt before with a traditional work out.

Garddawgs BrandX site is perfect for a beginner with his scaled workouts. It doesn’t matter if your an experienced workout monster, a newb or some where in between; there’s a scaled program for you. The people on the site are great and answer all questions and give great feed back and encouragement.

I may sound like I’m pushing this or I’m drinking the cool-aide…bacause I am! Thanks to this site (KMAA) and the guys talking about Crossfit and especially Garddawg for a great site and helping all levels of atheletes beacome more passionate about fitness.

leejam99

I HATE CROSSFIT!!!

this was how i felt when i first saw their workouts. Doing 100 pull ups till i am done!?! isn’t that over training!!

well… i’ve been doing Crossfit now for about a month now and i think by far it is the best workout i have tried for strength/functinal movement conditioning. I am not saying its the best system in the world…I am saying that it is the best system for me as of now.

With that i would like to say….. I’m gonna get certified next month in San Diego (2-3rd). YAY!!! Anyone out their in the KM world doing the same?

garddawg

James,
    Stay over an extra day. Come up Monday and visit.

leejam99

thanks for the invite but i am going to be with my lady and she needs to get back to her corporate life by Monday..boooooooo.

johnl-d11

garddawg,

Were you at the games?? Caity is a trainer at the affiliate that I attend, wish I could have been out there to watch. I think she pulled a 3:30 in sunday’s wod.

garddawg

Yeah we were there. We came in 2nd last year. One of our girls took first in the weightlifting and 3rd overall (should have been second). This year we took about 10 athletes, but she didn’t compete because her school schedule kept her from training hard. Here is a vid of my son in the deadlift/burpee event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joOw9z0qYp4

vinman

quote garddawg:

Yeah we were there. We came in 2nd last year. One of our girls took first in the weightlifting and 3rd overall (should have been second). This year we took about 10 athletes, but she didn’t compete because her school schedule kept her from training hard. Here is a vid of my son in the deadlift/burpee event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joOw9z0qYp4

SICKNESS !!!

the kid’s got a ton of heart !!!thumbsup

nemo-dat

Good on’em for doing the correct brupee… Why did they allow that sprawl style?

garddawg

They established very strict standards for the movements. Example, for the pull up they required the chest to hit the bar for a rep to count. It made any argument about whether the chin was over the bar irrelevant. I think they were trying to do the same with the burpee. The requirement was that the thighs and chest hit the ground in the bottom position. They failed to require a plank first or a push up on the way up, so some people just flopped or sprawled. They also required that the hips and knees be fully extended, with feet off the ground and a clap over head at the top. They failed to outline that this needed to have a vertical component so some competitors extended almost horizontally and then flopped onto the ground. Not really what they had intended I’m sure. That being said it was a great weekend of competition with over 400 competitors.

Here is my son in the final event.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4okrkb1kUwM

We’ve got about 8 vids from the games up on our site, more to follow.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Tonights warm up for intro to fight (beginners)

40 rotation jump rope
    40 10 count high knee drop to sprawl
    40 sit ups with L/R combo on up
    40 push ups

We never made it to kettle bells – they were done.

And in the middle of it I walked over to Nate and said “you can blame GardDawg for this.”

I’m sure he will be along shortly to thank you for corrupting me. 🙂

unstpabl1

quote CJs Dad:

Tonights warm up for intro to fight (beginners)

40 rotation jump rope
    40 10 count high knee drop to sprawl
    40 sit ups with L/R combo on up
    40 push ups

We never made it to kettle bells ñ they were done.

And in the middle of it I walked over to Nate and said ìyou can blame GardDawg for this.î

Iím sure he will be along shortly to thank you for corrupting me. 🙂

I would’ve been out on you saying “Tonites Warmup”

GD: great Vids. Connors gonna be a handful. The comparrison between him and a guy twice his size moving the same weight is great. And how many hi end S&C guys has he had in his football career

stevetuna

Conner is already a force to be reconned with, Guarddawg! If he wants the car keys, I say give them to him…

Those are some awesome performances! Be proud!

garddawg

Yes Sir!
    How many rounds Sir?

LOL

Connor lands a little wide and pulls slightly early with his arms. Still that’s being picky, and its a great effort. He has started working with Mike Burgener a couple of time a month and might compete in some O-lift meets.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: