Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    don

Re: Krav Maga and Sex

I don’t want to go too far into this area because it can run pretty deep and it’s kinda long to be typing out as opposed to having you all in class.

Suffice it to say that I believe that it’s better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6. I believe that, if you’ve honestly done whatever you can (if you have the opportunity) to de-escalate or avoid a physical confrontation and the BG continues to come looking to give you problems, that BG gets whatever is coming to him/her. I believe that, when it comes to use of force, especially in LE, hesitation to use force or too little force being used when the green light comes on can result in serious injury or death to the person that hesitated or was too nice. I believe in protecting yourselves and your loved ones. I believe that there are way too many scumbags using up the air that the rest of the productive members of society should be using.

All I’m saying is that, in today’s soft on criminals, bleeding heart liberal, litigious ambulance chasing, refuse to take responsibility for your own actions, want free handouts something for nothing type of society too many of us live in – don’t be surprised if some BS repercussions happen after an incident…

Not everyone believes what I believe in…

seeq-qc

Damn bait and switch title….

On the subject, for me it’s easy, crotch kicks: i don’t even really think about, fair game.

Stomping on someone who is down: As a rule I wouldn’t do it. Obviously, the situation is going to determine the level of force you deem reasonable to effect your safe exit from the area. If i am reasonably sure that my attacker doesn’t have have a gun, I go by the “down and out” rule of thumb: if he’s down…i’m outtt! I think krav generally allows for that staged aggression approach to self defense.

And as an aside, i was accosted by a couple of drunk guys a few years ago and in the second before the fists started flying i made a decision that i still stand by today: i decided not to use the knife i had in my pocket. These guys didn’t have homicidal intent, they were clearly untrained, unarmed, they were physically about my equal in height, reach and weight, so we did it the ol school way and we scrapped. If the details of the circumstance has been different, my decision might have been different. I did ok, but if i’d have stabbed, killed or permanently injured one of them just because i felt that they had imposed their will on me and that they didn’t have that right or out of a sense of fear of being a victim or out of some deep seated insecurity of mine – it may have been justified in some people mind, but it would’ve been uncalled for and deeply regrettable in mine. The goal as some guy said was so “that you may walk in peace”, not impose punitive punishment on a clearly defeated foe.

The upside of the altercation was i made the decision to have a few more “tools” available in the old “toolbox” and started looking into self defense and found krav and you fine people. ;):

paul

quote Don:

Fairbairn and/or Sykes?

william “shanghai buster” fairbairn, and his gutter fighting system.

dirty-harry

[quote=Don;43638]Suffice it to say that I believe that it’s better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.quote]

My instructor says this to new people a lot.

stevetuna

quote greenbeanie:

ìThe legal essence of self-defense is that you are required to use ëthe minimum level of forceí which you ëreasonably believeí is necessary to safely resolve the situation.î

Defense attorney: “Detective Tuna – why did you strike my client five times?”

Detective Tuna: “Because four times wouldn’t have been enough and six would have been too many…”

(I hope I’m never answering questions like these, btw.) It’s always easier to explain why you did the right thing. The right thing is different for a 200 lb. cop who does Krav Maga five days a week than a 110 lb. mother who is out walking her kids. I’m going to have a much tougher time explaining why I kicked someone in the head than she would.

Our general standard: What would a reasonably prudent person do if he / she was in your shoes, knowing what you knew and believing what you believed to be true?

don

quote greenbeanie:

ìThe legal essence of self-defense is that you are required to use ëthe minimum level of forceí which you ëreasonably believeí is necessary to safely resolve the situation.î

Meant to comment on this earlier but forgot…

Where is quote from?

For LE, which is a slightly different animal, I preach to my partners that the “minimum level of force” concept can be a dangerous mindset. Thinking that way can lead to hesitation or the use of too little force. Phrases like “safely resolve the situation”, “gain control of the situation”, “stop the threat”, etc are often used synonymously. Of those, I prefer “stop the threat”… JFYI, there is no more “necessary” when it comes to LE use of force.

rz1

quote Farhan:

….
    Now what I want to know is, if anyone else had/has the same sentiments, did you cringe at idea of disfiguring someoneís face? What do you do to remedy it?

Assuming you tried but couldn’t avoid a fight, he’s down and you’re thinking of a head stomp…

I guess it would depend on the law where you are. Forget disfiguring. A stomp to the head can kill.

If he’s down and not getting up, I’d leg it, personally.

If you don’t want him to get up, you could still stomp and smash his knee/ankle… If he can’t stand and weight bear he can’t chase you. And you could probably justify this easier, if you had to.

If he had a gun or a knife or anything dangerous, or there are more than one or circumstances are more extenuating, justification of more deadly force is easier, I would suspect.

But if he’s just down and not likely to get up and cause further trouble…. It may be best not to use deadly force.

Also, remember there may be people or CCTV around.

Just points to consider. I would agree there is a lot of legal BS these days one has to be careful about – but… ultimately better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6. shrug.

quote Farhan:

Note: Leaving Krav is not an option.

For sure.

greenbeanie

quote Don:

Meant to comment on this earlier but forgot…

Where is quote from?

Miller, R. (2008). A quick and dirty guide to not being successfully sued. In R. Miller, Meditations on violence: a comparison of martial arts & real world violence (pp. 34-35). Wolfeboro, NH: YMAA.

vinnyp1018

Farhan, If you truly want to get over your feelings about “not wanting to disfigure someone’s face” next time you visit Las Vegas, come train with us. We will put you in the right Krav Maga mindset.

don

quote greenbeanie:

Miller, R. (2008). A quick and dirty guide to not being successfully sued. In R. Miller, Meditations on violence: a comparison of martial arts & real world violence (pp. 34-35). Wolfeboro, NH: YMAA.

Thanks GB…

farhan

quote vinnyp1018:

Farhan, If you truly want to get over your feelings about “not wanting to disfigure someone’s face” next time you visit Las Vegas, come train with us. We will put you in the right Krav Maga mindset.

Man, something tells me that is a bad idea…I have these visions of being jumped by 10 people and getting the hell beat out of me. :chair: LOL

magamike

Kicks to the groin, shins to the face…can’t we just all get along?
    :beer:

:banghead:

:dunno:

dckm

as someone who lives in the people’s republic of maryland, i don’t want to run afoul of the law, but i also will not be anyone’s punching bag. i agree with psyops. if someone attacks me they get what they have coming. kicks to the groin and knees, knees, punches to the temple or throat area are all fair game to me. if it comes down to it and i’ve gotta go to court, i’ve got good lawyers. unless it’s a pissy drunk guy, if i’m attacked i’m going all out. if it’s a drunk guy i’m knockin his ass out, but i won’t pound on him. but i will handle my biz. that’s why i train in krav maga and not muay thai or one of the sport martial arts. on the streets there are no rules and there’s so such thing as a fair fight or time out.

ali-s

I say bring it. I’d have no problem hurting someone intent on hurting me. The key being ‘intent on hurting me’. If it’s someone getting a little grabby at a bar, I’m not going to start off with a groin kick. But someone tries to grab me and take me somewhere? It’s on. I always say that you come at me with 100%, I’m coming back with 250. I may not be as big or as strong as you, but I will overwhelm you with aggression. You can count on that.

And my favorite quotes:

“They bought the ticket, they get to ride the ride”
    “If you open it, you get the whole can”

Love them.

-Ali

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote ali_s:

I always say that you come at me with 100%, I’m coming back with 250. I may not be as big or as strong as you, but I will overwhelm you with aggression. You can count on that.

Well look who shows up~

And yes she will!!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: