Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Krav Maga experts/instructors that AREN’T widely known

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    don

Re: Krav Maga experts/instructors that AREN’T widely known

RE: that Sean Amerson guy – women want him and men want to be him… nuff said…

:D:

mara-jade

quote Don:

RE: that Sean Amerson guy – women want him and men want to be him… nuff said…

:D:

:D:rofl2rofl2Lord, it’s getting deep in here..need boots

lennykravitz

Kevin

Just re-reading this thread… You should seriously write a book about the history of Krav Maga… Don’t know you personally but judging from what I see here I reckon you’d put out an unbiased and definitive history of our beloved system (and it’s many families and branches).

Good thread!
    I’m going to second Lenny’s idea. If Kevin decided to write an unbiased book with scans of documents, historical photos, and other information….I’d buy it! It’s hard to follow the Krav Maga history without personal opinions.

don

quote mara_jade:

:D:rofl2rofl2Lord, it’s getting deep in here..need boots

heh heh heh

stuartf

quote TheDarkKnight:

Good thread!
    I’m going to second Lenny’s idea. If Kevin decided to write an unbiased book with scans of documents, historical photos, and other information….I’d buy it! It’s hard to follow the Krav Maga history without personal opinions.

I’d buy one too.

davidkahn

Hello Everyone,

I would like to add another instructor to the list: Rinaldo Rossi.

Rinaldo was awarded his brown belt in Israel by Grandmaster Haim Gidon. Rinaldo also trained under Senior American instructors Alan Feldman and Rick Blitstein who also brought krav maga to the United States as classmates of Darren Levine.

With twelve years of training experience, five under the IKMA, Rinaldo, is, in my opinion, one of the most capable and technical instructors in the U.S. If necessary, he is also a most formidable fighter having mastered the IKMA concept of retzev, “continuous combat motion.”

Best,

David Kahn

ron-rotem

Hi,
    Avi Avisidon (which was mentiond by kevin as “just old school”) is the head and chirman of K.A.M.I- the Israeli Krav Magen Association.He currently holds an 8th dan degree (red belt) and he is one of the most senior teachers in Krav Maga history.
    Avi coordinates all aspects of Martial Arts at the Wingate Academic college which includes all recognized Martial Arts (With an Emphasis on Krav Maga / Magen).
    a few more details about Avi Avisidon can be found in this link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYUNjs8RWUE&feature=g-all-u

Another historic Krav Maga figure is Eli Avikzar R.I.P
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-e14W6x4uc

eli

I know Itay isn’t in the traditional circles, but both he and Ran Nakash should be on any definitive list, IMHO.

Kevin: I’m not sure what number we’re up to, but I believe there’d be a good bit of interest in a “definitive history” of some sorts. You have access to some great interviews, too…

Take care,
    -Eli

thereverend

tommy Blom from Sweden. He trains with KMG (Eyal Yanilov’s group) and is the highest ranked non-Israeli instructor of that group. He is also an all around bad ass. MMA fighter, RKC insructur and more.
    You can see some of his videos here: http://www.youtube.com/user/wwwtenacityse

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote Ron Rotem:

Another historic Krav Maga figure is Eli Avikzar R.I.P
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-e14W6x4uc

I was training with Darren this morning and he was actually telling a story about Eli so I asked him what he thought of Eli, his direct quote was “Eli was the best actual teacher I’ve ever seen back then or now. The way he broke down techniques and explained them was better than anyone I’ve ever trained with.”

iminuedouri
    Blocked
    anfuv
    Blocked

Shawn Kovacich. Google him. He runs Reno Krav Maga. He is not associated with KMWW. He is certified (I believe) Under Boaz Avirim. (Did I spell that right?) Who he is certified under, or associated with is rather irrelivant though. This guy KNOWS HIS ****!!!! He takes Krav Maga to the next level. His style of teaching is so far beyond any other that I have ever encountered. After training with this guy for less than 4 months, I (and other students of his who had no prior training) were far superior to many other krav students who had been training for years. For example, there was a student who had come to Reno Krav Maga from a KMWW school. This student had been at the KMWW school for more than 5 years. His technique was sloppy at best compared to students of Reno Krav Maga who had been training for under a year. Similar stories with various other students from KMWW, and a few from other Organizations as well.

trainer2max

I thank you for your time & I please ask that you simply take a few moments & help me clarify & verify a situation that I am trying to find out the facts on.
    I would esp. ask Kevin Mack as it seems he is very knowledgeable about the history of Authentic Krav Maga.

I am a cert. KMW licensee & instructor of KMW out of FL. prior to that I studied under Rhon Mizrachi in NYC for over 2 yrs. b4 moving.
    I am writing this as I have read much of this thread & would like to ask help in researching & verifying the truth in this matter. I have a friend who has already put down a deposit for this course as he believed it to be legit after doing some research.

Below is my original message to a contact on the website of the Wingate Institute, Dr. Guy Mor, currently the head of the program & I have included his response….

Hello,
    I am an official licensee of KMW in the US & I am asking if you know of any officially registered upcoming course that is being held in the US under Orange County Krav Maga in April of 2013.
    I have been told that Orange County Krav Maga in CA. hosted by Yuri Boiravsky will bring Avi Avisidon & another instructor from Israel to teach an 8 day basic instructor course for an authentic Wingate instructor cert. in Krav Maga. Is this a legitimate course & cert. & will it be authenticated by the Israeli Ministry of Sport if say I was to go to Wingate & train in the future. If so, would this course allow me to then train toward an advanced cert. there?

I am including the link for the course of which I speak & the official website of the location. I am asking if Avi Avisidon is &/or was not the head instructor & asst. chairman of the Wingate Institute?
    Please verify authenticity…
    http://www.kravmagaoc.com/index.asp?page=event_rsvp.asp&eventid=78
    Please respond here or message me personally as well as
    email [email protected]

I will also include some of the responses I have had from both the host of this cert. as well as Dr. Mor of Wingate
    Thank you
    J

trainer2max

hello, I am curious if you saw my recent post on here?
    I am inquiring about a specific course that is being offered this April…
    http://www.kravmagaoc.com/index.asp?…asp&eventid=78
    As you have talked directly about Avi, I wanted to ask if you knew anything about this?
    J

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: