Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sdewitt10

Hey guys I’m new to the forum,

I’m 23 years old and am looking to pursue a federal law enforcement career so obviously self defense is a main priority. I’ve recently watched all three of the “Bourne” movies and was very impressed with the fighting styles I was told were used in it(Krav Maga and Kali).

As far as experience i have none outside of some freshman wrestling experience in hs (graduated in 2006). So I really know nothing about fighting. I’ve spent most of last night and this morning looking up info on it and it really seems like this is a take no prisoners/ boaderline dirty style as someone put it.

I guess my question(s) would be:
    1. How does it fair against multiple simaltaneous attackers?
    2. How does it fair in regards to other fighting styles (what does it matchup well with and have problems with)?
    3. It seems like there is a real concern as to it being too “Americanized” and there is a shortage of true instructors, where could I find one?

I’m planning on going to DC in the near future so schools in that area would be of interest.

Thanks again,

steve

don

Re: Krav Maga/ Kali

quote sdewitt10:

Hey guys I’m new to the forum,

I’m 23 years old and am looking to pursue a federal law enforcement career so obviously self defense is a main priority. I’ve recently watched all three of the “Bourne” movies and was very impressed with the fighting styles I was told were used in it(Krav Maga and Kali).

As far as experience i have none outside of some freshman wrestling experience in hs (graduated in 2006). So I really know nothing about fighting. I’ve spent most of last night and this morning looking up info on it and it really seems like this is a take no prisoners/ boaderline dirty style as someone put it.

I guess my question(s) would be:
    1. How does it fair against multiple simaltaneous attackers?

Depends on the school/system – some train in dealing with multiple attackers, some don’t.

2. How does it fair in regards to other fighting styles (what does it matchup well with and have problems with)?

The winner isn’t always the fastest, strongest, biggest, or the one with the most weapons – but that’s the way I’d bet. IOW, IMO, you just asked a pointless question.

3. It seems like there is a real concern as to it being too “Americanized” and there is a shortage of true instructors, where could I find one?

What is your definition of “too “Americanized””? What is your definition of a “true instructor”? Are you looking for FMA instruction or KM instruction? If KM, do a little searching on this website…

I’m planning on going to DC in the near future so schools in that area would be of interest.

Thanks again,

steve

Remember, IT’S A MOVIE – with good choreography, anyone/anything can be made to look fantasic/incredible/awesome.

jacgue36

Re: Krav Maga/ Kali

Having more than 15yrs as a LEO. KM is definitely the way to go. Yes, KM is a down and dirty fighting style. Especially in law enforcement, it all about going home at the end of your day!! Check out kravmaga.com to find a local school/instructor.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: