Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Krav Maga modifications

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    mrbump

Re: Krav Maga modifications

quote catapult:

Hey CJs Dad,

Debating technique is always a good thing. I just thought the tone was a bit disrespectful to Ryan, implying he’s a poser….

“a misunderstanding of what the simultaneous counter is for”.

“Anyone should be able to do it if they are taught right.”

“I can only think the guy came up with this variation whilst drilling with a cooperative partner and hasn’t ‘pressure tested’ it against realistic and determined attackers in the gym.”

“If a technique isn’t working for you, you are probably doing it wrong. If your instructor can’t show you how to do it right, find another instructor.”

To be honest, I did assume he was a poser. I’ve looked him up and apparently he’s a 2nd degree black belt and has some books out, so I guess he isn’t just some idiot who decided to open a martial arts academy and teach his own self defence system. I still stand by those quotes, except maybe the third one. Given his credentials I’d assume he has indeed pressure tested this against realistic attacks and finds something in it that makes him think it is a higher percentage defence than what he calls the ‘traditional’ defence. Hopefully to the point where he is so sure that he thinks he should teach this to people who may one day need what he’s taught them to save their lives. I guess given he has paid his dues KM wise, I should go away and try it before ruling it out.

ryan

I won’t litigate techniques or “qualifications” on an internet forum, I’ll only say that our students are taught “pressures” from day one. Students wrestle from the very beginning, and by the time there is a knife involved, they have a very good understanding of the prevailing pressures and sensitivities that are present. These moves and movements have been performed thousands of times, against actual resistance, before weapons are introduced.

As I stated previously, analyzing an entire system from a two minute video that is designed as a review for instructors is likely not the most prudent but to each his own. All the best in your training.

kevinmack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SouR7I_9F5w

malena565
    Blocked

Thanks for sharing.

malena565
    Blocked

quote Malena565:

Thanks for sharing.

elmaullido

Hi MrBump I am now practicing an weapon system called ACT, Advanced Combat Tactics, and simultaneously we learn Krav Maga, we use the 360 only in context when the atacker is noob or with no weapon knowledge, but when you looks that your opponent have the elbow in the weapon arm close to his body, is too much close to you (Always with secure distance of course, we are no superman) Or you suspect than are an advanced oponent we use something similar to a 360 but splitted, first block with a hammer with back weight balance and then attack.

This is a simple explanation, I am not a instructor, in the process of launch a 360 you go forward, a noob not change the path but an advanced of course will do, then you are exposed to the attack. When talking about knife It is important not to believe in dogmas.

jackwalker
    Blocked

only say that our students are taught “pressures” from day one.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: