Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Krav Maga – Portland

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    saruotoko

Huge thanks to the great students and staff of Krav Maga Portland for making me feel welcome this past Wednesday at their incredible facility.

I tend to travel a couple of times a month for work, and I’m usually ending up in a city with a great Krav affiliate. This past Wednesday, I was just going for a little sweat. I figured I’d join a Level 1 or Level 2 class just to get the heart pumping in Portland.

I managed to walk into the biggest promotion exam I’ve ever seen. Seemed like 90+ students were testing that night in this amazingly huge (and well equipped) training center. The instructors were as friendly as I’d have expected, and the students got their butts pounded.

I had the best time training with and ‘testing’ with their students. Special shout out to James (my training partner). You did great on Wednesday. With a little luck, maybe I’ll be there for your NEXT promotion exam.

For the record, I passed my Level 1 exam. Whew! What a relief! 🙂

And a brief aside to CJ’s Dad: Sorry I had to bolt so quickly during our conversation last night. Duty called in Room 1. But you did get more of my Portland story here on this post.

Peace,

Mario

udjat

Re: Krav Maga – Portland

Sorry if I missed you while you were up here. The test was a big one indeed. about 2 times the amount of folks when I took my first level 1 test at least.

Next time your up look me up and say HI!

-Eric

karamazov

Saruotoko, I just heard last night that I did indeed pass my Level 1 test, and I feel privileged to have been your training partner during this exam. Your obvious skill, enthusiasm, and dedication to Krav inspired me to give 100% to each technique. The Level 1 exam is truly an intense experience–but your high morale and fighting spirit motivated me to bulldoze past my limitations and self doubts. Once again, thank you for your encouragement, and I hope to train with you again.
    And udjat, congratulations on completing the second half of your test. I know that you guys trained really hard for this. I look forward to working with you and your fellow Level 2 classmates.
    –James

saruotoko

quote Karamazov:

Saruotoko, I just heard last night that I did indeed pass my Level 1 test, and I feel privileged to have been your training partner during this exam. Your obvious skill, enthusiasm, and dedication to Krav inspired me to give 100% to each technique. The Level 1 exam is truly an intense experience–but your high morale and fighting spirit motivated me to bulldoze past my limitations and self doubts. Once again, thank you for your encouragement, and I hope to train with you again.
    And udjat, congratulations on completing the second half of your test. I know that you guys trained really hard for this. I look forward to working with you and your fellow Level 2 classmates.
    –James

Glad to hear the good news, James! Be good up there, and if I get back there for work soon, I’ll send you a note so we can train again.

Mario

jendriel

That was a big group, I have to admit. I found out I passed my Level 1 test too ;): Sooo happy, I had doubts about whether I could do it, but lasting through the whole thing was no problem. Makes me realize how much progress I have made!

Jen

saruotoko

quote jendriel:

That was a big group, I have to admit. I found out I passed my Level 1 test too ;): Sooo happy, I had doubts about whether I could do it, but lasting through the whole thing was no problem. Makes me realize how much progress I have made!

Jen

Next time I head up there, I’ll let James know. Would like to train with you guys/gals again and do a meal, too.

Mario

oneness

Mario –

You came to Oregon and didn’t let me know, WTF? I’ll be in LA in june and we will just talk about it then… ;):

Glad you liked Portland. Mark and Lynn have a great school up there .

saruotoko

quote Oneness:

Mario –

You came to Oregon and didn’t let me know, WTF? I’ll be in LA in june and we will just talk about it then… ;):

Glad you liked Portland. Mark and Lynn have a great school up there .

I’ll correct that by telling you when I’ll be up in your neck of the woods again. My boss lives/works in Portland, so I’m up there almost monthly these days. And yes, Mark & Lynn not only have a great school, but they were great hosts, too.

I mean….it sure was nice of them to schedule a Level 1 test the night I was going to be there! 🙂

Mario

oneness

You know I’m only teasing.

Glad they were able to schedule that test for you. Sounded like a good one.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: