Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jdr-stw

Hey there!

Had a pretty incredible Krav experience this weekend and thought you all might relate.

My partner and I just passed our yellow belt test, so Friday night she and I went out to celebrate. It was low-key…drinks and conversation out – but we did stay until 2:00 and closed the place down.

I would like to mention at this point that at this level I have no illusions about where we stand or how much we have to learn. It was just amazing to see how far a little went!

When our Uber driver arrived, she was crying. She had a brand new car (two days old), and she had just ripped the fender off the back because she had pulled around back following the GPS and bottomed out on a giant pipe. We offered to speak to Uber on her behalf if our being in the vehicle when it happened meant they would fix it, so we drove around to the back of the building to see what she hit.

About that time, two large, drunk frat boys came barreling out the back of the bar. It was just us and them., and by then it was 2:30 am or so. They were walking directly for us pretty quickly with the whole, “hey baby, where did you girls come from” routine. I don’t know that they were dangerous, but the vibe wasn’t good.

She and I never made eye contact or spoke to each other, but I saw/felt my partner positioning herself (feet in fighting stance) as I did the same. I held my stance, looked him right in the eye, and said, “Can I help you with something?” I never moved or dropped my eyes.

The coolest thing happened! I saw confusion on his face, and then uncertainty passed through his eyes. It only lasted a second, but it was unmistakable. In seconds the whole vibe changed.

His less drunk buddy grabbed his arm and said, cmon, let’s go…then they jumped in their car and left. They actually looked a little worried when they left!!! rofl2 rofl2 rofl2

It was the most amazing feeling! I have often wondered how she and I would respond if we ever did get into a threatening situation together. Man it was like clockwork…we were in perfect alignment with each other, and I cannot believe how effective simple posturing was for two women alone.

Anyway, this stuff obviously works! Thanks for all the help for the first test guys…looking forward to the next!

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Re: Krav SUCCESS!!!

That’s awesome! Thanks for sharing your story.

resqr1

Re: Krav SUCCESS!!!

So what happened with the driver?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: