Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    kmyoshi

I’m interested in doing this. I think it’ll really put me out of my comfort zone and wanted to see if anyone else was doing it?

It’s $299 to rough it for 3-days.

Link

Would this be considered going paramilitary as stated in the other threads?:jerry:

kmyoshi

Re: Krav vs. Wild

Mods please move this to the general forum. Thanks!

don

I may be going – let you know when it gets closer to the date…

kmyoshi

The March 13th no-refund date makes me hesitant. I work freelance and when work comes, I need to take it.

mdeaneuscg

I’d like to know more about where the survival side of things is coming from. Obviously, the KM side is obvious, and I know the credibility of it. Are we talking about former/active SERE instructors, or some self-taught hippies? I’m guessing it will lean closer to the former than the latter, but having some info on it would give more credibility.

mara-jade

According to the KMWW link, more details will be coming soon

Anonymous

quote MDeaneUSCG:

I’d like to know more about where the survival side of things is coming from. Obviously, the KM side is obvious, and I know the credibility of it. Are we talking about former/active SERE instructors, or some self-taught hippies? I’m guessing it will lean closer to the former than the latter, but having some info on it would give more credibility.

Hi MDeaneUSCG,

Thanks for inquiring! The training will be hosted by the Krav Maga Worldwide Force Training Division. All of them are current or former military and/or law enforcement and are top professionals in their respective fields.

Many of them have honorably served our country in the special operations communities.

No “self-taught hippies” here! 🙂

don

Just got back home – left a little early because if I had gone to sleep there, I probably wouldn’t be getting up until way too late. It was a pleasure to have met some really cool people from all over – Washington, Oregon, Colorado, Texas, Louisiana, North Carolina, Florida, etc. And those were only the few groups that I polled. Also got to meet some cool people from right here in So Cal (btw, for you West LA people, Monica said she was a little sad that people rarely call her Mo Mo anymore…).

I saw a lot of good energy, enthusiasm, spirit, and teamwork. I hope everyone who attended had a great time! JFYI, the final mission was going be a competition to see which team could bag the mountain lion using only the improvised weapons they had made… j/k… 😀

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Don, maybe you should explain a little more what Krav vrs Wild was.

don

Ok, give me a little bit – I want make sure that my explanation will meet with head honcho approval… btw, missed you – was hoping to run into you there… 🙂

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Sorry about that, Kids thing had to do.

I’ll be in Weho tonight at Abbey working, grab a unit and swing by, theres always a big group of dept guys hanging out.

don

Ok, I asked Mike how he would describe KvW and he said a “wilderness survival camp” (which is also what is written on the back of the event tshirt). Here is the listing of subject matter – also from the back of the tshirt:

Krav Maga training in non-permissive environments
    Wilderness orientation and navigation
    Ambush and counter ambush
    Stalking and camouflage
    Escape and evasion
    Tracking and danger area crossing
    Survival foraging and fire craft
    Daytime and nighttime operations
    Emergency first aid
    Rope tactics
    Improvised weapon development and training

Base camp was set up at “Camp Courage”, located inside the Firestone Boy Scout camping area, and activities were held in the immediate surrounding areas. Friday day/night was arrival, set up, and orientation. Instructional blocks/sessions began early on Saturday morning and continued until about dusk Saturday night. Night time missions and practical application competition events began Saturday night and went through until early morning hours Sunday morning. Attendees then got a quick break to catch some Z’s before breakfast and the award ceremony.

Due to childcare, I didn’t get in until around 0630 Saturday morning (which was fine with me because it had rained like a son of a gun on Friday!). Josh Hart and I were assigned to run the emergency first aid segment of the camp and taught and facilitated from around 0730 Saturday morning until nightfall. We then were assigned to run the “downed pilot rescue” mission at night and did that from about 2030 to about 0430 hours. Fortunately, it didn’t rain again and a lot of the muddy/wet stuff had dried up some – it did get cold (for us CA beach weather types) though and overnight between Sat/Sun, I was wishing we had been assigned to the fire craft station. As I mentioned above, I left prior to the Sunday morning breakfast and missed the “graduation” ceremony.

I had brought a dozen tombstone pads and training knives with the hopes of refreshing students on edged weapons defense and drilling techniques at our station but never got the chance due to time constraints. Josh and I also never got a chance to check out any of the other stations or try any of the other activities so I don’t know what was covered with respect to the other subjects.

There were about 110 or so attendees, broken up into 10 teams ranging from 9 to 12 people per team. Participants came from all over; were made up of all sorts of people (ages, sizes, genders, experiences, professions, etc); and represented their areas and schools well.

From the little I saw, the weekend seemed like it was a mixture of wilderness survival training and SERE school. I think the idea was to present some challenges, activities, and experiences that people had not had before (or had not had in awhile). It was, IMO, physically and mentally demanding.

If any forum member attended, I would love to hear his/her experiences and feedback (as well as any constructive criticisms for me and Josh)…

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

OK, WOW – that about sums it up

don

Oh, I should add that none of the participants were told exactly what was going to happen. I’m told that they were given a list of things to bring prior to the event and were given very limited info on a need to know basis throughout the weekend. They were out there getting wet and dirty in the cold and performing arduous tasks with little to no rest and minimal food/nourishment. Many were teamed up with people they were meeting for the first time. They took what we threw at them with great attitudes – I personally didn’t hear a single complaint even when the instructions they were given weren’t all that clear. I saw some great and funny improvised weapons (the men’s undershorts slingshot was Hilarious!) and some guys even wanted a second go around/rematch on the bug eating competition/record!

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

hahaha

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: