Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Law Enforcement & Military LE cert and regualr Krav Maga

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dugfoot

I have noticed that the LE cetification classes includes training in how to teach and much of the combatives/defenses are similiar.
    Once a participant completes a certain number of LE-only certification classes, is that person considered an \”approved\” instructor to be able to teach regular Krav classes to the general public?

ryan

Nope, you still need to do the civilian course.

Did you get my e-mail?

dugfoot

Ryan,
    Thanks for your reply.
    Is this something that is being looked into? If LE certification applied to teaching civilian classes then I could kill 2 birds with one stone, so to speak.
    Also, as I progressed with the LE certification there would be the possibility of my department paying for at least part of it as I do more DT instructing for them.
    Yes, I did get your email and I plan on replying to it today. Thank you for your input with that also.

ryan

As far as I know, this is not under consideration. The two courses are quite different, so I don’t know that this will change.

All the best,
    Ryan

kravmdjeff

Dugfoot, I originally was going to post a few reasons why what Ryan stated is the case, but instead I wanted to offer up that here in Maryland we have had several law enforcement officers who went through the LEO course first, then went back through Phase training to teach civilians. They both attested to the value of doing the two seperate courses, for sure.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: