Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    kirsten

I found this and thought it would be an interesting watch and topic to discuss..

http://www.policeone.com/PoliceOneTV/clip/1732235-Acie-Mitchell-Haganah-Gun-Disarms/

Just hoping to get the cops talking about techniques… See if we can get some LE’s to give insight…

ninja

Re: LE Video

great explenation and tutorial .
    The only thing i dont like is the upward technique against gun to the head.
    I prefer 1 technique for threat from the front , no difference to a low or high gun.

brentw

Wow, this is why I am not a fan of FIGHT/haganah. You can tell that its similar to KM but then hits a tangent to distinguish itself.

Gun from the front –
    There is a lot of needless motion. Weight is not in the best position to strike or follow the attacker. There is a misunderstanding of leverage and weight on the weapon.
    Gun to the head –
    There is no immediate counter as in the first. Using both hands shortens the effective range and is easier to see. And I agree with ninja – It is a totally different movement than from the front so it is another thing that you remember and train on. “Tactical mistake” – I seriously question that assertion.
    Gun from behind –
    You can’t assume the gun is the thing touching you. Through clothing or a vest you cannot be sure by the feel. It’s hard even in just a t shirt. To look is human nature and it helps the re-direction.

Then there is some inconsistency in some tactics and ideaology – He assumes the gun will be recoiled in some instances and not others. He strikes in some instances and not others.

This is not meant to be all inclusive nor as a bash. I just don’t agree with some of the methods. I do think that some training is better than no training. So if that is all you can get, then do it. The best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing you can do is the wrong thing, the worst thing you can do is nothing.

On the whole, I like Krav Maga’s approach much better. I think it’s easier, more sound, and follows it’s principles for a wider variety of attack variations – to be read more integrated.

kirsten

Excellent post!

This is what I want to see on this thread. A great break down, analysis and discussion of the post.

I like it!

relli-kant

Did anyone see the Haganah techniques in this month’s Black Belt magazine? There’s one for gun hostage, redirect with one hand, then give a groin strike, duck underneath the attacker’s arm, grab him and knee from there. Seemed risky, because there appeared to be little control of the weapon.

admin-d45
    Keymaster

The use of force discussion has been separated from this thread and moved to the LE private section

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: