Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Learning From A Boxer

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    kmman

I have a boxer pup and for those that o not know, boxers are called boxers because they tend to use their front paws to fight and play. They are also notorious jumpers.

Whenever I play around with my pup I work on my footwork. He’s very quick and we play shoulder tag (at least I do). Its pretty hard getting away from him.

The one thing I really noticed is because of their lean muscle mass the explode off their hind legs and close distance real quick.

This reminds me to properly use my stance for more explosiveness myself.

unstpabl1

Re: Learning From A Boxer

Use a towel, they drool a lot

paul

lol, I have a freind who owned a boxer many years ago, when they would rough house with him, the dog sounded like he was chewing their arms off. but the only mark he left was about a half gallon of slobber! lol

bradm

Brings back memories, I had a boxer several years ago. You’re right about their tendency to “box” with their front paws. They have so much up front muscle in the chest and head area and when they explode off their back legs (like stated above) it’s like a concrete block coming at you. I had my boxer tied up in my front yard with a chain (while I was doing yard work, not a habit of my to keep my dogs chained up) and he lunged at a kid on a bicycle passing by and broke the chain. He didn’t hurt the kid, but it surprised eveyone that he had osomuch power to break that chain. I really loved that dog, had so much fun with him.

kmman

All so true about the boxer. A definite reminder to keep my back leg spring-like.

Now I need that muscle mass!

safetyal

Remember though, no pee-peeing on the pads, mats or your training partner to mark your territory.rofl2

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: