Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Level 1 test breakfast?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    kazak4x4

I am just curious, what did you all ate before you went to take your level 1 test?

My test is coming up in two weeks, I am getting a big nervous reading all the posts…. :OhMy:

kirk

Re: Level 1 test breakfast?

I didn’t get nervous until I got there. Make sure you hydrate a week before and take a lot of water with you. Carb load the night before. I would suggest oat meal, fruit, eggs, bread or bagel, etc. Since my test didn’t start till 2pm I could eat whatever for breakfest.

No need to be nervous, go hard, leave it all on the mat! I was recovering from a chest infection and I didn’t listen when it was suggested that I not test. My performace (i feel) suffered for it. I still gave it my all, I couldn’t breath, I was exhausted, I puked a little in the corner (LOL)… Good times!

kazak4x4

Main question though, did you pass? At my school it seems they test every 6 months or so. I joined a day after the last test and didn’t get to watch it.

kirk

Yes I passed. Since then I have gone to Phase A (passed), and Lvl 2 test (which felt like it was never going to end) and passed that too.

stickfig13

Just eat what you would normally eat before you train. Nothing that is going to upset your stomach. Lay off the coffee too….

Bring tons of water (Like gallon+) and sports drink (something with electrolytes).

Personally, I ate 3 bananas and half of a power bar throughout the test. I think I focused more on hydration because I didn’t want to cramp. However, everyone is different.

Just prepare the whole week with proper diet and lots of water….You will do great!

doublej226

Let me tell you what not to eat…Bacon, Eggs, Toast, OJ, and a banana two hours before the test. That combination mixed with the nerves of testing made for a very bad afternoon for my wife and I. Next time I’m going for oatmeal, fruit, and maybe a protein shake.

Hydrate well the day before, and the morning leading up to the test. Try to eat a banana or two, three or so hours before you test, otherwise the potassium will not have time to help with the cramping.

During the test, I recommend Gatorade and water. Gatorade has the electrolytes you need as well as some much needed sugar. Too much Gatorade doesn’t sit well on my stomach so I alternated between that and water. We also took a Cliff Bar and split that during the test. Once we worked through our horrible breakfast choice, the test went well with the other food/drink.

I’m by no means an expert at this, it’s just what worked/didn’t work for me.

kazak4x4

That’s exactly what I was looking for, not the expert advice, but the advice from the field. I think I got a general idea on the food, thanks guys!

My trainer told me I am ready for the test if all my injuries heal up by 28th. I am excited.

tinykrav

I ate 2 (homemade) breakfast burritos (just eggs, hashbrowns and tortillas though) for breakfast but made sure it was well before the 11 a.m. test. After the review I was starving and managed to choke down half of a peanut butter sandwich and a handful of crackers before they called us back in for the test. Some people told me that would have made them sick. If I hadn’t though I think I would have passed out! I think like the others have said, do what your body is normally comfortable with.

I also think it’s much better to get nervous now, than the day of the test. I seriously freaked out the Friday afternoon before the test but that seemed to get it out of my system, and was only a little anxious by the next morning.

Be confident. Be aggressive. Be explosive. And remember that it really will be over at some point. Even though about half way through you may be convinced you’re stuck in some kind of bizarre time warp and the test will go on indefinitely. ha ha!!

jburtonpdx

You will be fine. Its about heart — go hard and dont stop… Remember its temporary, the test will end and you will survive.

Train hard in preperation, ask questions, refine technique….

As far as breakfast? I guess it depends on how close to the test you plan on eating. Either way I would try and not have a full belly before the test starts…. I would not have the “farmers breakfast” within a couple or 3 hours of the test…..

johnl-d11

Instead of focusing on breakfast.. think about what you’ll be eating the 2-3 days before the test.

Stick with lean protein, lots and lots and LOTS of green vegetables (spinach, brocoli, etc), fuits and healthy fats.

kazak4x4

Good advice John and others, thanks for helping out.

I have stored up a lot of beefjerky and salads already. And will load up on bananas the morning of the test.

jburtonpdx

quote Kazak4x4:

Good advice John and others, thanks for helping out.

I have stored up a lot of beefjerky and salads already. And will load up on bananas the morning of the test.

Bananas are funny… one of the few foods that tastes about the same going down as they do coming back up. Fair concern for a test day food.

I had a bowl of Cheerios, 2 pieces of toast, 2 eggs, a banana, and a glass of chocolate milk about 3-4 hours before the test.

phlegmon27

Carbo-load the night before, get up early and eat what you normaly do before training, hydrate like a maniac before the test, mix Gatoraid 50/50 with water for the test, and have a bag of nuts or trail mix to snack on during the test. I found that a small handful of mix at every hydration break kept the sugar levels consistant.

Good luck!

rich-f

Day before eat plenty of hummus and pita. Night before have couscous (Israeli of course). Breakfast the day of the test I highly recommend shakshuka.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: