Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Level testing at another location possible?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    rq

I was just wondering if testing for another level at another center was possible?

Since it seems testing happens every 3 or so months, was wondering if another center like NTC or NTC-SO had a level 2 test coming up would it be possible to squeeze in there or do you have to do your level testing at your own center?

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Re: Level testing at another location possible?

I think thats a good question for Marcus.. I’ll shoot him a PM for you

marcus-kowal

Yes, doable. B/w SO and WLA or what? Otherwise, doable but only if instructor/licensee allows it and in both cases only if instructor at “home” center signs off for it.

super-b

quote Marcus Kowal:

Yes, doable. B/w SO and WLA or what? Otherwise, doable but only if instructor/licensee allows it and in both cases only if instructor at “home” center signs off for it.

Why would the instructor/licensee not allow it?

As a licensee, I’d be concerned that the student was “shopping around”, maybe because their home instructor did not think they were ready. I would definitely be making a call to the home school before allowing it. Once that conversation took place, I would not have a problem testing someone up to green. I think that the advanced ranks should be tested at either the home school or the NTC (either WLA or SO), but thats just my opinion.

rq

Does anyone know when the next l2 test will be conducted @ NTC or SO?

Thanks. Going to run it by my instructors on Monday if it’s a possibility.

giant-killer

There should be a flyer somewhere at the NTC (on one of the tables), where they have a list of all upcoming tests scheduled. Not sure if there is something similar at SO.

marcus-kowal

Dear Super B,

Jeremy answered the question for me: it’s to make sure that
    a) the student isn’t just “shopping around” – a student’s few techniques might look good enough for that instructor but there may be other underlying factors to why the home instructor doesn’t feel they are ready to test.
    b) Payments, etc. Each center is independent and a courtesy call just to avoid stepping on anyone’s toes is always good.

The next level 2 test are Dec. 1st at NTC and Dec. 2 at S.O. Same goes for NTC & S.O., however: if you train at NTC, you need your main instructor there to sign off for you and vice versa. Good luck!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: