Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Level Two/Orange belt test

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    bracius

Premise: It’s just shy of a full month since I passed Level one/Yellow belt. However, I want to fully prepare myself for the level two/Orange belt test.

Now I go to class two times a week and practice at home the other nights of the week with “the” yellow book.

But what I want to know is stuff like how long is it. What do/did they have you do and such. Trying to work on the mental part as well as the physical part.

mara-jade

Re: Level Two/Orange belt test

You’re gonna get different answers on the length:wav:. My Level 2 test was 5 hours and I’ve read some post here theirs was less.

How you tested in your level 1 won’t be much different in 2, except you will be tested on both Level 1, Level 2 moves and there is sparring involved.

You should be able to get a curriculum from your center. The KM book’s accurate on the curriculum also

kirsten

The mental part is just to keep going. Push yourself harder than you ever have. It will likely be the same as your L1 test like MJ said…

Good luck!

spanky

When Ryan tested us for our level 1 after the test he told us the main thing he was looking for was a don’t quit attitude.I must work on my Cardio,hahaha,not to good,YET,

elmaullido

In my particular case, I have almost two years practicing Krav Maga, soon in 21 February I will make the test to take the Orange level, my instructor tell to us that the KM program not take much to learn, but he prefer to improve the physical, technical and mental side rather than explain too fast all the content.

So I practice KM four/three days a week, one focusing on kickboxing/boxing, another two focused primary in “pure” KM and a little of ACT (Weapon system, see Alexander Zhelezniak) And another day courtesy of my instructor for advanced students, focused primary in perfection of ground fighting, combinations and ACT.

Lately my instructor “shows the whip” and put us and enormous focus on physical work, I very very happy with this instructor, i have practiced years ago JKD, Thai Boxing and some Kali, but the approaching, the stress sessions, the methodology of KM it´s far better, I think.

I will tell to you if I can pass the Orange level test!!!

krav4fun

Congrats on the level one test. Being on my first week of KM I didn’t realize how testing would go at all. I’m learning a lot about the process on these forums. I’d be interested if you wouldn’t mind sharing how your first test went and good luck on your next one! From what I’m reading it seems like you’ll have plenty of time to prepare for it.

@Mara, based on your signature I think I just joined the same place you go. I’d be interested in hearing more about the process as well. My main focus is just to learn at this point so I haven’t thought to ask about the testing and progression.

The mental part is just to keep going. Push yourself harder than you ever have. It will likely be the same as your L1 test like MJ said…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: